spooky mondays

Today is a holiday here in the US so Happy Labor Day everyone! I hope everyone gets a chance to relax and have fun with your friends and loved ones. It's also Spooky Mondays at Wendy's Adventure's in Wonderland. I was just there and you have to go and see all the wonderful spooky things she has this week. She is so creative and fun and just an all around lovely lady and queen of Halloween!


Come with me  to visit the House on Windy Hill. Legend has it that a woman lived there long ago. They say she could talk to spirits. Spirits who came to visit her in the eerie calm of the night. No one has seen or heard from her in nearly fifty years yet once a year, on All Hallows Eve soft candle light glows from her windows and doorway. Shadows flicker across the barren yard and if you listen closely a woman's voice whispers your name, ever so softly. Who dares to visit the empty house on this haunted night?



Perhaps this brave little witch looking for a treat?



Or this pumpkin fairy with her jack-o-lantern bucket.



The House on Windy Hill also happens to be in a cigar box. My husband got it for me a while ago and I was finally inspired to do something with it. It's still a work in progress so stay tuned for more.



Last week I posted my collection of Martha Stewart magazines and Wendy reminded me of this one from last year. I forgot to include it in the picture so this week she gets her very own spot.



 
It seems the little witch has lost her friend. You see the pumpkin fairy decided she wanted to be somewhere else. You'll see in just a minute.



Can you see her just beyond the candlelight?




This little fairy decided my Halloween Fairy Wand would be a lot more fun than that cigar box. I was inspired to make this after seeing some lovely ones at the Paperie Party. I also used black tulle and this fun polka dot netting along with paper.




You might remember my witch Lucinda who came to join me for the Mad Tea Party. She adores candlelight as you can see.




Even my Luna thought the candles were just too magical to pass up. She's so excited to have her first Halloween with us this year.





I found this fun Halloween countdown widget at WiddlyTinks.com. There are a few other designs to choose from if you'd like to put one on your blog too.

Happy Spooky Mondays!

10 comments:

Papillon Bleu said...

How delightful!

It is always such a pleasure to visit your bog. I wanted to ask you something: do you know how to design web pages? I am soon goingto have my website but am looking for something very specific about the images for the pages. As I absolutely love what you do, I was wondering whether it was possible or not. I wish I knew how to make digital collage myself.

Hope to hear from you soon Anna!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh what a wonderful atmosphere you created. these are all absolutely stunning. love how you got the fairies to glimmer with the glittered wings and candlelight. beautiful
Have a lovely week
Hugs June xxxxx

Sinderella's Studio said...

Oh man, I can't wait to see your pm blog party after seeing this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome art work and what a photo shoot! I am digging out my copy of that Martha Stewart now - forgot I had that one!
cheers, dana

JoAnne said...

Happy Spooky Monday Anna! Love your post and your blog. Your Halloween Fairy Wand is spectacular. Hope you'll stop back and grab some witchy freebies and my Halloween giveaway button.
xoJoAnne

Karen said...

Hey Anna,

Just thought I would stop by! I love your post for Spooky Mondays. Halloween happens to be one of my favorite holidays! Thanks for sharing! You take the most wonderful photos!

Karen

Victoria said...

Yay..fantastic spooky post...I am enchanted with your words and the beautiful creations and photos...and I adore Luna!
Happy Spooky Monday!
Kiki~

Rebecca said...

I just love all those paper figures-they are so unique and fun!

Wendy Aspinall said...

happy spooky Monday Anna, I love the new header. I am still playing with mine... looking forwards to se your ATC for leaves. Hugs Wendy

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Fabulous Halloween fun! I love reading everyone's Spooky Monday posts - it's really helping me get into a festive state of mind! Theresa

Wendy said...

Happy Happy Spooky Monday Anna!

My dear sweet Anna, Thank you so much for the kind comments and such a wonderful blog to visit. You are just a enchanting spirit.
I absolutely adore the house and the little witch. Those sparkling wings just make me light up.
And the fairy wand is incredible. I want to make one now and run around the yard changing all my flowers to dancing ones.
Hummmmm. Maybe tonight by the moonlight and fire flies dancing.

There is my horse. One day. I promis you. I will have a horse like that. I see one every year at the Ren fest. His name is Sampson. He is a Percheron.
I have already asked my husband for one. He said one day. I am going to hold him to it.

The new banner is Enchanting. You are just so talented. It is incredible.

Spells and Wishes my dear friend,
Wendy from Wonderland