where bloggers create and pink saturday




Hello everyone! Thank you for stopping by and joining me for 2 fabulous blog parties today. And a big thank you goes to Karen from My Desert Cottage and Beverly from How Sweet the Sound for being our gracious party hostesses.

My whole house is really my creative space as I'm always experimenting with different styles and I have lots of things around the house that I (and my son) have made. But my actual work area is my small dining room! A wooden hutch was all I was using to house my crafting supplies. However since I decided to nurture my creative spirit this year I've pretty much taken over the entire room. My son who is also a budding artist says it's like living in Michael's (craft store).

Inspired by the talented women featured in Where Women Create who have turned their entire homes into a work studio I embraced the idea of living in a creative space rather than keeping it under wraps. It has done wonders for my art and crafting. It's where I play, dream, blog and create. And when this room isn't in 'studio' mode I even mange to use the table for a meal now and then.

These photos were taken over several days so you might notice a few things moved around here and there!

So without further ado here's a little peek into where this blogger creates.



Here's my Luna doing what she does best! This hutch was a birthday gift from my husband and I chose it specifically to house my creative gear because we don't have an extra room to use as a craft room. It holds my paints, bottles, packing supplies, extra papers and general odds and ends.My polymer clay oven sits on top next to bags filled with flowers and millinery.



I like to hang different things from the chandelier depending on what mood I'm in. I have been loving all things pink lately and the pink rose garland always makes me smile when I look up.



I was starting to not like my chandelier very much. Until I swapped the old plain beige shades for these very girly beaded ones. Now I feel like a gypsy artist when I create!



Here Alice watches over a few brushes and pencils.
These sit out on the hutch....



....next to to my favorite sources of inspiration.




A colorful drawer full of paint bottles.



I'm fairly new to collaging and these are the fun
things I've recently discovered.




 
Dreaming big...



The small table to the right of the hutch holds current projects, paperwork and things I use more often. At the other end is a rolling cart filled with ribbons and my sewing machine. It usually slides back into the corner when it's not in use.


I also work at this table when I'm doing quickie stuff or just doodling.



I redid my inspiration board after the first set of pics!
 Here's my little cutie 13 years ago, a favorite quote from Nietzche,
a fun card from a creative friend.


Wings to SOAR.


This stand is to the left of the hutch. It use to sit out in my backyard where it faded and gathered rust. I repainted it vintage white and brought it in a few months ago.




My favorite witch Lucinda and the Gypsy dancer keep me inspired
during my late night crafting binges.



Simple words I try to live by....



....and a creative fairy to watch over everything.





For the love of ribbons.



But wait...there's more!



On the opposite wall is an antique tea cart re purposed for displays and more
storage. My paper dress project and Mrs Penny Bunnie sit on
the bottom shelf.



It also keeps my favorite papers within reach.  My organizer is
an old record album holder I found at the thrift shop for .98 cents!



Charms...wishes...and dreams.



This cart has had several incarnations. It was once green with a large parrot on top! I refinished it years ago and now I think I'd like for it to be green again. Minus the parrot.



I have had such a blast since I started on my blogging adventure
this year.I've learned so much.....




....from incredibly inspiring people and places.....



....and met and made such wonderful friends.

All right here in this creative bloggy land!



Thank you for stopping by and letting me share my creative space with you. I hope you'll decide to follow me on my artful journey. I know there's so much more to come.


AND DON'T FORGET TO COME BACK NEXT SATURDAY!!

Join me for the Mad Tea Party hosted by
Vanessa Valencia at A Fanciful Twist.
It's going to be MAD and I'm having a giveaway to
celebrate my 100th POST on that very day!

Now go and visit Karen for more inspiring spaces
and hop over to Beverly's for Pink Saturday too!


43 comments:

Leanne said...

Ok, can I please come for a visit? Maybe I could paint with you? we could create some magical art work ... or watch a movie ... or have some hummus ... or all of the above?? What a WONDERFUL Wonderland! Your space is just as I'd imagine - whimsical, fun, inviting, and creative! Oh, and so very cool, too!!! LOVE IT!

scrapwordsmom said...

This is just magical!! I love it:) I really love how you have your projects that you are working on organized. Great idea!!

Thank you so very much for letting us take a peak!

Leslie

Sinderella's Studio said...

Wow - amazing! After visiting a few sites - I realize I need to get going on my space! Always meaning to but just don't get there - I love your world!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Love your tour, lots of pretties! Thanks for sharing!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

zandra said...

What a creative space! Love hanging things from chandeliers! So, enjoyed my visit with you. Enjoy the rest of the party!
Hugz,
Zandra

Betty said...

What a pretty space. I see so many beautiful treasures!! Thanks for the tour!

suesueb said...

Isn't it wonderful having the freedom to create? I love all your storage areas and beautiful projects, especially the way you decorate your chandelier! Hope you have a wonderfully, creative pink week!!

reimaginedtreasures.blogspot.com said...

I am so wowed by your creative space! Your hutch is gorgeous, and I am liking that chandalier all decked out. Inspirational! Kathi

Claudia said...

Hi
Such a beautiful post and studio. This is my fist time to visit you and expect to come back many more times.

If you ever think you might be interested -- join in our meme on Fridays as we celebrate the beauty in our lives. You would fit in perfectly!

http://www.dipityroad.com/where-bloggers-create/where-bloggers-create-my-studio

Char said...

Anna, I am in love with your special creating space. I love all the wood and esp. your little helper. I too have one of those. In fact, they could be twins. I would love to come and hang out with you just brousing thru all the good stuff you have. Happy Pink Saturday, Char

Maggie said...

Oh my goodness I love love love your space. love it-- it looks so like me! happy ps!

Kathy said...

Wow! Love what you've done with the place. Great stuff. Can't wait to see what "Alice" ideas you have up your sleeve for next week. - Kathy

Magdalena said...

Hello Anna,

thank you for stopping by at my little creative space and living such a sweet comment, I´m really glad that you like my nest.

Here I find so many beautiful details to create with...and I just love your painted doll-girl.

Lots of love

magdalena

Robin said...

Love, love ,love your space! so many wonderful inspiration pieces! I am lusting for your SOAR banner! You so rock! Thank you for sharing. ~Robin~

Kristin said...

WOW!!! I just LOVE your space . . . it is so whimsical, fun and creative . . . I love all the girly details like your chandelier and the way you turned a record holder into something so much more special. Your art is as stunning as your studio. I look forward to so much more, Kristin xo

The Catnap Cottage said...

I feel like I have been to a majical fairy land - your artistic spirit is all over the place....on your blog, in your pictures, in your art - it is all art and you are very gifted - great space! Thanks so much for sprinkling a little creative dust my way!

Chris said...

What a beautiful and fun space! The chandelier is to "Die for"!
Best wishes,
Chris

www.curbyscloset.com/blog/

The Artful Diva said...

You certainly make good use of the space you have!

craftyles said...

Amazing space. I love all the colors and how you've organized everything.

Anonymous said...

Love it girlie! Very magical place. It suits your art :) and I am in love with your chandelier.

kluless said...

A beautiful place of inspiration. And I don't know how you talked your cat into making that face but it's priceless! Thank you for sharing.

gm glimmerglass said...

Well, this has been a lovely visit! You have a great blog and I too, love that chandelier! Thank you, kindly.
:-)

Terri said...

I adore you work and your creative space! Such a treat for you to share it all with us!

donna joy said...

Fabulous space-love that hutch!

Lori said...

What a lovely spot to create in! It's so fun and appealing to the eye. I love your artwork and am so glad I visited. Thanks for sharing!

Romeo said...

WOW - what fun!!! Your studio space is so happy, beautiful and fun, I could play in there for hours!!! And I LOVE your creations - what talent!!! Thank you so much for sharing - we really enjoyed our visit!!

Purrs!

Romeo (who thinks Luna is most beautiful) and "her"

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

It looks like you really do live inspired and dream big. Your studio is so warm and inviting, I could spend the entire day here. Like you, I craft all over the house, but yours is awesome and so well appointed. Your witch and gypsy made me laugh, and my jaw dropped when I saw all those paintings and mixed media pieces you have made. Truly inspired and organized workspace.

Bleubeard is jealous of Luna because he is never allowed on the furniture.

Debby said...

Hi Anna, Oh my gosh, this is one of my favorite spaces so far. Everything is just gorgeous, love your beautiful cabinet, the kitty and your artwork is amazing. Thanks for sharing.
Debby

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Great space, Anna! I feel like I have stuff all over my house, too, but that is more stuff waiting to be recreated or supplies. I love how your dining room is actually being used ~ mine is just a pass through room except for the holidays. I'm hoping once we down-size to have a dedicated space to my creative space and home office. I love all your beautiful items you keep out for inspiration and your hutch is great.

Justina said...

I love your work space ! It's so organized and whimsical! What an inspiration... I am still trying to get my craft room organized... it's a tiny walk in closet , and i recently put in a workspace shelf, but I need more lighting and some storage bins and shelves....It's definitely a work in progress... I can't wait to get stuff organized so I can post some pictures of my own workspace :-D

-Justina
La Boheme Magique

http://labohememagique.blogspot.com/

Sandy said...

Love your studio! I love all the whimsical touches to your chandelier. The hutch is a fantastic storage piece. Thank you for sharing.

apinkdreamer said...

hi again! your place is amazing!!!i'm so inspired! and your ART is faboulous!!!
i think i saw somewhere an art journal???
if yes , i would love to see someday art journal pages of yours! i'm sure they will be fantastic!!!

Connie Eyberg Originals said...

You have a beautiful studio and some fun creations being born within its walls! Thanks for the tour. Connie

Amber Leilani said...

what a magical, beautiful space to work in! and your creative consultant is just adorable!

Cindi aka Ericksoc said...

This is gorgeous! Such a beautiful and inspiring place you have to create in!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Luna, Lucinda and a magical studio - what more could a girl want? You have a lovely space to create in and thank you for inviting us to visit.

Angela Weimer said...

Sorry I am a bit late for the tour but I have had to stop alot along the way. Thank you for the wonderful tour of your lovely space. I love all you wonderful creations and creative space. Your hutch is great. Thanks for sharing and have a nice day. Angela

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning,
Your studio seems so neat and tidy...yet full of inspiration pieces. And no studio is complete without a cat or two.

Yes, I am still making my rounds through the participants in Karen's "Where Bloggers Create" event...and having a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing your creative space with us. ~Natalie

Anonymous said...

I have been a papercrafter/scrapbooker for over 10 years but have recently found a love for collage too. It is so free... so to speak. Unlike my crafts I am a newbie to the blog world (2 wks!) and find inspiration from fellow crafters who share my passions for paper. Thank you for inspiring me this morning. I was going to hop on through the G's but I am now ready to get in there and create! ~Sherry F.

After I become a follower! :-)

Cindy said...

I can't stop looking at your beautiful blog!. Mystifying...

Simply Debbie said...

What an awesome post...I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of Luna...that is where my cats, especially Walker would be.
I love your studio...Creativity just oozes out of it. It is organized, pretty, and fun. The color compliments the dark wood. I thought it was unique to see the pennants hanging from the chandelier and the old record holder for your papers.
Thank you so very much for sharing the Big Wish, to Dream Big, to Live Inspired, to Soar with Wings and to Love. Wonderful Advice, and awesome
art. I craft from a TV Tray...but My husband and I are fixing to turn our back room/sun room into a studio for moi and a home for Ilean my dress form. I am very excited and I would love to see WWC to get ideas.
Happy Pink Saturday
Have A Sugar Sweet Day
Simply Debbie

Fran. said...

Hi just stopped by your blog! Which I love! Clicked on your studio button cuz I am working on getting my done! Lot's of organizing!! But fun to see what I have again!! LOL Your Artful Bag Challenge sounds like something I would love to do! Sorry I found it to late!! I am going to have some fun looking back at your paper dresses you made. I love the old record holder with your files in it! I spied a dress with wings on one, Pretty cool! I also loved the SOAR banner. That's a great word! I like how you hung it with tuille? At least I think it is! Or is it wide sheer ribbon? Take care and Keep on keeping on, XO Fran.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful! Are you going to have another Bag Challenge? I would love to do it! I have only been doing art journals for the past month. I am learning so very much! It is overwhelming all of the talent. Apparently you got a huge dose! Everything is just incredible! Blessings! Lula