autumn altered witch shoe challenge

 
Happy first day of Fall!

 
What better way to kick off the season than to show off our altered witches shoes.
 
I decided to alter an old boot. My original plan was to alter the pair.
 
 
I had the right boot buried in my closet forever then finally found the left one in the garage. I think the right boot fell into one of those closet black holes because I just could not find it. So here is the long lost left one. It's a dark brown leather.
 
 
 
I made a pointy toe then added glitter embellishments and trim. I decided not to paint or alter it permanently in case I find the other one and want to use them for the next Ren Faire.
 
 
 
 
I imagined a Victorian potion maker from the Old West. Perhaps she lost a shoe after a bit of enthusiastic merry making at the Autumn Equinox!
 
 
 
Until I find the other boot I think I'll use this to hold a few brushes!
 
 
I can't wait to see every one's altered witch shoes. The linky is below. If you have any problems please let me know.
 
Thank you so much for playing along!
 

 
 

16 comments:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I'm in LOVE with the little potion bottle!

Funny, I did a boot, too, and I couldn't find the other one either lol

Thanks so much for hosting all this fun ;-)

Marfi-topia said...

hmm i think all our boots have been swiped!!you know i couldn't find my other one:)
i love the wings and stars....it's like a dream!
and it's multifunctional!!!
thanks for hosting yet another awesome challenge.

Hindustanka said...

Anna, the shoe looks awesome! Very witchy and very beautiful!I am so sorry I missed the contest this time, but I make sure I find time to participate in another one :))) Thanks for organizing it and looking forward to see other shoes!!!

Hazel (Didos) said...

Love your boot its brilliant, Thank you for hosting again, I loved doing my altering, Happy Fall, Hazelxo

Ms Misantropia said...

Ooo, that's a real witch's boot you have there! Love the glittery swirls! I was contemplating adding pointed toes to mine, maybe next year :) Thanks for hosting, I really enjoyed this challenge!

Debbie said...

OOO so pretty! Love them. I always enjoy your blog, never lets me down.
Thanks for hosting.

Debbie
theothersideofdeb

Mimi Foxmorton said...

Absolutely ADORE this!

Mimi
Collage Pirate

Dianie said...

wonderfully creative and Witchy!

I love your boot :)


~Diane

Ivy said...

Your altered shoes are amazing Anna, love them! I added my link for my post. Thanks so much for a fun challenge!

Anonymous said...

Anna, I LOVE your Witchy Boot! As I've said on at least three other Altered Shoe posts, I WANT them! Why oh why, Universe, isn't there a Witchy Shoe store? I too am in love with the little potion bottle. This Party was SO much fun, and it was my first ever. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I will put my altered shoe in front of my altar...it will be my Altered Altar Shoe. Tee Hee.

Chrislyn said...

Anna, this is great! I love all the embellishments and especially the stripes on the heel. What a great idea for a brush holder. Love it! Thank you for hosting--I had a lot of fun!

Chrislyn

Jane K said...

Brilliant witchy shoe, what a great idea to use it as storage for your paint brushes. It creates a lovely bit of witchness all year round.

Thanks for holding the challenge.

J x

Anonymous said...

Anna, you are UBER creative and imaginative, and you make blogland all the more fun. Thank you for hosting. I've had a blast.

XOXO's,
Marcia

Cameron said...

I love the persona you created for the wearer of this boot! Of course, the boot is awesome, too!

My favorite part is that is on your desk holding your brushes! Genius! Practical magic, indeed :)

Laura S Reading said...

Not only fun and stylish but practical! I think the other boot was hiding, being nervous, but now that it sees what a wonderful makeover the first boot had it will jump out next time you open the closet door.

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna! I wish to own a pair of these boots and wear them all around town. They are so adorable. Hugs, Mina