autumn altered witch shoe challenge

Did anyone save the other shoe after my Midsummer Fairy Shoe Challenge? Here is something to do if you still have it or you can use a different one all together. This one is on the first day of fall, a great way to kick off the season and all the upcoming autumn festivities.
 
 
 
The rules are the same as last time.
 
 
- I invite you to alter an actual shoe or slipper. It can be a pump, wedge, flats, canvas, ballet shoe or any shoe you no longer use. You can also pick a pair up at the thrift shop for super cheap if you like. One of your kid's old shoes would work very well and baby shoes or wee little doll shoes would also be perfect.

- You can alter one shoe or a pair and it can be purely decorative or something you or someone might really wear.

- Use any material or medium you like to embellish and alter your shoe/s. Paper, paint, clay, metal, lace, glitter.....whatever inspires you to unleash your inner witch!

 
- You can create a shoe for a witch, create a shrine or vignette. You can tell a story to go along with your shoe/s or simply share photos.

 
- There is a button on the right sidebar so you can get the word out to all your witchy kin.

 
- Be ready to post and share your altered witch shoe on Saturday, Sept 22. I will have a linky up with my post the night before.
 
 
*  *  *  *
 
Again I'm doing this as one of those spur of the moment things so we have about two and a half weeks to get it done. Sometimes the time crunch works for me and I tend to create best at the last minute.
 
You can view all the altered fairy shoes HERE for inspiration.
Visit the Midsummer Altered Fairy Shoe Challenge page HERE.
 
The Blue Moon Giveaway is still open. You can enter by leaving a comment on the previous post. Thank you to everyone who shared their great costume and Halloween ideas. I really enjoyed reading all of them.
 
Here is the button for the shoe challenge.
Or grab the one with the code on the sidebar.
 
 
Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous witchy shoes!
 
 
 


16 comments:

Hindustanka said...

Thanks for organizing this great event! I want to take part in the challenge, and it's going to be my first!!! Cheers!

Ms Misantropia said...

Oh, I can't believe I just threw out the perfect pair of old shoes I could have used for this challenge!
I also don't know if I can find the time, but I will try. I really want to play! I'll get back to you :)

Hazel (Didos) said...

Brilliant, Off to get a REAL shoe this time to alter!!! Thanks for hostessing for us again,

Love Hazelxo

Mimi Foxmorton said...

This is FABULOUS!
:)

I actually do this for shoes to wear with my storytelling and character garb but am really excited to try an Autumnal theme!

Thanks so much for organizing this!

Have a lovely and creative week!

Mimi
Collage Pirate

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I have been waiting for this one.....Yes, please sign me up for this fabulous and fun event. Oma Linda

Linda said...

Hi Anna, You always do such great activities. I won't be able to particapate but you always know that I will be watching from the outside. Great idea.

Magaly Guerrero said...

You MUST stop creating this wonderful parties. Don't you see that I can't stop myself from entering? I'm a weak Witch *sigh*

I'm in!

Pagan Culture
http://pagan-culture.blogspot.com/

Ivy said...

Oh how fun, Please cont me in for this one!
http://www.tabithalenox.blogspot.com

Debbie said...

Oh Yes! I've been working on mine already, he he. Twill be most fantastic to join in the fun!
Debbie

Marfi-topia said...

Hi I'm in:)!!!!!!

Chrislyn said...

I am looking forward to creating another fairy shoe! Sign me up please!

Chrislyn

RPLancaster said...

Hello,

Please count me in for the Witchy Shoe event. I've found the shoe I want to alter, now I just need to get busy.

Ms Misantropia said...

Ok, I've decided - I'm in! I realized I do have (another) pair of shoes to alter, and a drawer full of embellishments :) Looking forward!

Machele O'Dufaigh said...

Woke up early this morning with a fun idea, I'm off to find the perfect pair of shoes and a ton of glitter! This is going to be fun:)

Anonymous said...

Just discovered your beautiful site and LOVE your work and wicked parties. I can't resist this Autumn Altered Witch Shoe party. Sign me up please!
http://lovelightandwine.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

So glad you decided to have it after all, and what a perfect way to KICK off the season indeed. ;) Taking the button and hoping to come up with something in time. Oh my goodness, how did I miss this when I was actually hoping you'd do it? I guess I've been spinning too long at the carnival. ;)

Love the button, btw.
Marcia