Did anyone save the other shoe after my Midsummer Fairy Shoe Challenge? Here is something to do if you still have it or you can use a different one all together. This one is on the first day of fall, a great way to kick off the season and all the upcoming autumn festivities.
The rules are the same as last time.
- I invite you to alter an actual shoe or slipper. It can be a pump, wedge, flats, canvas, ballet shoe or any shoe you no longer use. You can also pick a pair up at the thrift shop for super cheap if you like. One of your kid's old shoes would work very well and baby shoes or wee little doll shoes would also be perfect.
- You can alter one shoe or a pair and it can be purely decorative or something you or someone might really wear.
- Use any material or medium you like to embellish and alter your shoe/s. Paper, paint, clay, metal, lace, glitter.....whatever inspires you to unleash your inner witch!
- You can create a shoe for a witch, create a shrine or vignette. You can tell a story to go along with your shoe/s or simply share photos.
- There is a button on the right sidebar so you can get the word out to all your witchy kin.
- Be ready to post and share your altered witch shoe on Saturday, Sept 22. I will have a linky up with my post the night before.
* * * *
Again I'm doing this as one of those spur of the moment things so we have about two and a half weeks to get it done. Sometimes the time crunch works for me and I tend to create best at the last minute.
You can view all the altered fairy shoes HERE for inspiration.
Visit the Midsummer Altered Fairy Shoe Challenge page HERE.
The Blue Moon Giveaway is still open. You can enter by leaving a comment on the previous post. Thank you to everyone who shared their great costume and Halloween ideas. I really enjoyed reading all of them.
Here is the button for the shoe challenge.
Or grab the one with the code on the sidebar.
Looking forward to seeing all your fabulous witchy shoes!