**View my fairy shoe post and all the other fabulous shoes HERE**
When inspiration doesn't always come to you maybe the best thing to do is give yourself a little nudge. I decided to do a fun challenge this month and I would like to invite you to join me.
To celebrate Midsummer (June 22) and Fairy Day (June 24) I created A Midsummer Altered Fairy Shoe Challenge. I loved doing the paper fairy shoe swap at Bliss Angels last year so I thought it would be fun to do something with a real shoe this time.
I love the idea of fairy shoes. Whether they are the tiny paper ones, ones made from textiles and cloth or crafted from worn recycled shoes.
One of my favorite sources of inspiration are the designs of Basia Zarzycka. She is known for her intricately detailed bridal couture, accessories and shoes. There is a magical fairytale quality in her designs that I just love.
The green pair above and the rosey ones below are both by Basia. You will find more whimsy and inspiration at her website here.
I also found this fun Fairy Shoe Shrine on Etsy.
The exquisite pair below is from 7 Rose Petal Path. I love how the artist incorporated the shoes into a woodland vignette.
These are only suggestions of course. There are plenty of images available online if you do a search
* * * *
Here are the rules:
- I invite you to alter an actual shoe or slipper. It can be a pump, wedge, flats, canvas, ballet shoe or any shoe you no longer use. You can also pick a pair up at the thrift shop for super cheap if you like. One of your kid's old shoes would work very well and baby shoes or wee little doll shoes would also be perfect.
- You can alter one shoe or a pair and it can be purely decorative or something you or someone might really wear.
- Use any material or medium you like to embellish and alter your shoe/s. Paper, paint, clay, metal, lace, glitter.....whatever inspires you to unleash your inner fairy!
- You can create a shoe for a fairy, a shrine or vignette. You can tell a story to go along with your shoe/s or simply share photos.
- There is a button on the right sidebar so you can get the word out to all your fairy kin.
- Be ready to post and share your fairy shoe on Saturday, June 23. I will have a linky up with my post the night before.
* * * *
I'm looking forward to getting back into creating again and being inspired by all of you. I know this might be somewhat short notice but the idea hit me and I wanted to just go with it and see where it takes me. Thank you for helping me find my muse again. I hope you'll play along.
If you have any questions please feel free to email me.