hello again


Time flies.


How on earth did it get to be nearly halfway through the year already? I have been absent from blogland again I know. I hope all is well in your little corner of the world.

Life has been curiously art free for me these past few months.



My wonderful new computer is fast and reliable but my files and graphics are being held hostage by my old laptop. So I have been without my favorite digi images as well as my beloved Photoshop.

I struggle to find inspiration to paint, doodle, sketch or even visit my favorite art blogs so I feel I have nothing worthy to blog about.

 



Fortunately I just had to do a massive house cleaning to get ready for guests so my art space got a nice little makeover. At least everything is ready in case inspiration strikes again. 
 
 
Much of my energy is still going into healing and rebuilding my marriage. It feels like the right thing to do for now.


 

Our journey keeps us moving forward.

 Blissful at times and still heart wrenching during others but always the commitment to learn from the past, start fresh and see what the future holds. Some days are better than most and I still wonder about choices I've made sometimes.

Life likes to keep us guessing.

 




I know I haven't been around much lately but all of you still inspire me in countless ways.

I wish you all a happy and magical summer.





10 comments:

Leanne said...

Been thinking about you like crazy this weekend . . . Practical Magic has been running a number of times on ABC-Family, and I think I have watched it three times already.

I hope that you are finding peace during this time, my friend. I know that sometimes a break in blogland is so important for our souls. I am thinking of you and praying for you.

Hugs.

Lisa said...

If there is one thing I have learned, it is to not try to force creativity. Sometimes it spill out like a waterfall, and other times, it is a stagnant pond. I think you are wise to take a break when you aren't feeling it.
XO,
Lisa

Georgina said...

I hear ya!! I too have been quite absent and am just now catching up. Amazing how time just passes without a hint of acknowledging what one has missed!

I too have a new computer and it still driving me nuts..I think I shall just blog using smoke signals now!! LOL

Have a great week and looking forward to more of your lovely work.

Georgina

Sinderella's Studio said...

sometimes just coloring soothes the soul, gives us peace, clears the fog and takes us down the path we need to go. or just scribble until you no longer feel the need.
dana

A Magical Whimsy said...

Hi, Anna
I am always drawn to your blog as though I know when you have left a post. I don't think it is anything 'uncanny'...I think it is more the kindred spirit 'art thing' that draws friends together.
I haven't found the time to make much in the way of art, so I have found myself at times on my blog participating in someone's blog party or posting about a newly released art book, or supporting a new blog. It keeps me in tune with my art muse, which I would go nuts if I didn't do something to get away from the normal everyday life of caring for a family and husband. I do enjoy coming to your blog too. Sometimes there are no answers to solutions in marriage and sometimes there IS a lot of emotional pain. Men ARE so very different in seeing things THEIR way than women see things. I've been there, and done that, and read the book, so to speak, and I have decided that being my own self and letting my better half figure out his own problems works much better. I think men's egos are at stake if they can't be right most of the time, even when they are wrong. Hope this helps.
I love what you create, so keep creating, you need that time for yourself.
hugs,

Teresa in California

Toriz said...

When inspiration strikes, I'm sure you'll create something terrific. In the meantime, keep working on your marriage, and giving each other the time you need to do what's needed to allow you both to walk forward hand in hand! *Hugs*

It's been pretty eventful my end; I published 2 ebooks (a poetry one and a fairytale/fantasy story) and became a member of a design team for a craft blog called "The Game" which just got started by a blog friend of mine.

Sara said...

sometimes I can go for weeks without doing anything creative then I get a spurt on and do loads of things all at once. I have learned to go with the flow. I hate to force my creativity, when it is ready it will come. Hugs Sara

Celia said...

Hi Anna. I've been a little absent from blogland too....and I haven't been doing much in the way of art either. I did sign up for an ATC swap this month to try and get my juices flowing. I am signed up for an online workshop that starts next month...so I need to get in my creating space and CLEAN....it's a hot mess right now!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Anna, your beauty crosses my mind often and I always close my eyes and wish hope and contentment for you. Happy summer to you as well. Hugs, Mina

Linda said...

Hi Anna, I have thought of you so many times...I missed you. I have been working many hours at the day care senter and haven't had time for creating. I am so very tired. I am glad that you are back and look forward to looking at all your creations.

You inspire me, so during my lunch hour I am starting a mini journal 3 inches by 3 inches. Hope I come up with things that are fun.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts.