dress up 2010

Hello again! I hope I don't overwhelm everyone with all my challenge posts this week.It's the beginning of the month so I have 2 monthly challenges to add.



It's dress up time at Alice and Camilla.
Here is my paper dress for September. And guess what?
I'm all caught up now so I just have 1 to show you.




It's time for a Harvest Ball under an autumn full moon.
Here is a dress to party the night away in.




For my autumn gown I played with my paper coffee filters again.
This time I soaked them in a bowl of dark Yorkshire tea and ended up with this
wonderful aged patina that reminded me of dried crispy leaves.
I discovered if I crinkled the edges the skirt fanned out in playful layers.



I used silk leaves and tea dyed lace for the bodice.
The skirt has a tule under layer and there is also a tule
bow at the back.



September goes into the wardrobe to join all the others.
As you can guess I'm already thinking about October's dress.
Come back and see what I have in store for Halloween!

Visit Alice and Camilla to see more pretty paper dresses.

Today I'm grateful for...

Teachers. I met my son's teachers today at his school's orientation.
Teachers do so much and are never appreciated enough.
If you're a teacher I say THANK YOU, YOU ARE AMAZING!



24 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

this is stunning!
and dont think youre overwhelming me at all...I so look forward to all you posts!
YOUR DRESS IS INCREDIBLE!i love the way the filters look with the olive green and maroon.

Junibears said...

Who's think coffee filters could look divine! Beautiful work as always.xx

mary.kg said...

Très jolie votre petite robe aux couleurs d'automne !
J'aime beaucoup ce thème des petites robes de papier!
Bonne journée !

Margaret said...

Beautiful Harvest Ball dress Anna! I love the colours and your use of the coffee filters, I really must try that again! they add such an interesting texture and the variation in colour is so subtle. Great photography too, especially your top cupboard pic! fab! Mx

Zuzu's Blog said...

thank you for supporting alter it monthly... just wanted to say... your crown was THE top favourite of all three design team members.. thanks so much for sharing it.

BadPenny said...

the perfect dress for a harvest ball

Jeanie Callaghan said...

This is such a gorgeous frock! I really love this dress. I think this is one of my all time favorites from the Dress challenge. Can't wait to see what you do for October!

Dianne said...

Lovely dress! wonderful texture and color, just right for a fairy dancing under the stars...!

Halle said...

My Goodness! Your dress is so wonderful!! Love the elements you used in this creation...

Theresa MacNaughton said...

That is THE most perfect faerie dress! I love that it has the colors of autumn. :) Excellent work, Anna! Theresa

TheBlakkDuchess said...

This dress is just too wonderful! =D

And I can't wait to see what you have in store for October. ^-^

Karen said...

WOW!!!!! What a totally gorgeous dress, wish you could make it bigger so that I could wear it!!! Well done! X

~*~Patty S said...

Your dress is enchanting, absolutely gorgeous ... lovely post!
oxo

Sinderella's Studio said...

again - absolutely gorgeous is right!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I seem to be late getting here, since so many people have already seen this beauty. I was BLOWN AWAY by this dress. As someone who appreciates recycled and unique materials in art, I really enjoyed reading about your use of coffee filters as the basis for this month's entry. I would dance the night away at the Harvest Ball in this stunning creation.

Leanne said...

I absolutely can't wait to see what you have in store for October! This one is absolutely beautiful - so flowy and ready for a lovely outdoor sunset dinner gathering followed by dancing by candle light. (sorry, just got carried away!) Everytime I see your dresses, I am like a kid in a candy store...especially because I have my VERY OWN (paper dress, that is!) I look forward to these every month, dear friend!

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful fall dress great colors

Nan said...

This is so so pretty! Love it. Never knew you could do something this beautiful with coffee filters! Your blog is looking wonderful and fall like! :) Nan

NEEDLEWINGS said...

OH wow! absolutely the bell of the ball drop dead gorgeous!

Rosana Bonalume said...

adorable!!!

Sherry said...

Your dress is gorgeous! It so has the look of the autumn leaves, but is pretty and fragile at the same time.

Electra said...

Absolutely stunning! I can see a delicate fairy dancing at the ball in this!

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, I adore your September dress, love the Autumn feel,perfect for a harvest ball.

Jan x

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Anna,
I have no idea how I missed this dress, but it is beyond stunning--wow, and wow again!!! You amaze me!!!
XO