collage obsession

This week's theme at Collage Obsession is COWBOY. I live out here in the west and cowboys are a big part of Sacramento's history so I thought this should be fun. Here is the original image of a vintage cowboy. The more I worked with it the more I really liked this guy and his horse.



When I was little I loved watching reruns of Bonanza. Maybe I had a crush on Little Joe back then but there was always something romantic about old westerns that appealed to me. And if you ever saw Viggo Mortensen in Hidalgo it's easy to imagine falling in love with an old cowboy.

Here is my collage.


I had so much fun playing with it that I did another one.




8 comments:

Deann said...

Wasn't this a hoot I enjoyed it too. Both your versions are excellent as usual...wonderful work.

Junibears said...

Wonderful work! Love it!
Hugs xx

danit said...

Great finish, I love it

Carolyn said...

Both are fantastic! Love your art.

Lori Saul said...

Wonderful use of hinges and rusty elements for this great collage!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Nice job! I LOVE the rustic feel! :) Theresa

Aino said...

Looks wonderful, great job.

Planet Susannia said...

SUPER!