spooky mondays

Happy Spooky Mondays! So many stores have their Halloween stuff out now. It's so much fun. I just love standing in the aisles and taking it all in. Especially right now when it's all new and it's still too warm for most people to think about Halloween...can you imagine?


I thought it was time to give my chandelier a spooky touch.


One of my recent finds was a package of glittery raven cut outs from the party store....I think it was Party USA. Usually most of their stuff is a little too gory and ghastly for me but this year they had a whole section of very cool vintage style goodies. Almost Martha Stewart like but at a much better price.


This package of 9 ravens was under $3.



I wound an autumn garland, and black and white wired ribbon around it. I also added black wired ribbon to each arm.



It seems like everyone is doing the glittery ravens and skulls this year. From Target to all the little drug stores. I love them though. I love the look of that black silhouette everywhere. I remember when Martha first started showing them in her magazine a few years ago.


That issue had templates for a crow, a bat, an owl and a cat. I cut out dozens of them from black foam and I still use them every year. Now you can just buy them from her line at Michaels or Joannes! You have to admit Martha knows how to do Halloween.



And speaking of Martha. I just picked up her October issue and I love this whole section on spooky specimens. Very elegant but still curiously haunted.


Happy Spooky Mondays!
Make sure to visit Wendy at Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland.


Well I couldn't wait any longer. I had my October background and banner done weeks ago. I was going to wait until the PM party but all this Monday spookiness just gets me into that mood. So here it is!


16 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

Anna! it's gorgeous!I love love love it!!!!!
the crows are so cute! I made some of the crows from a template too, but they looked slightly starved and ....dizzy, lol
Have a wonderfulbeautifulspooky Monday!

Wendy Aspinall said...

Love the new header Anna and the light...the ravens don't you just love ravens... You've started my thinking maybe I should put out the halloween stuff.... fingers are itching... hugs wendy

JoAnne said...

Happy Spooky Monday Anna! Love what you did with your chandelier and your blog looks wonderful. I love your header!!!! Did you do that yourself?
xoJoAnne

Sylvia Smiser said...

Hi Anne,
I LOVE your blog background and header. Mine is so plain and boring. How did you do yours. Do you do it for others? As a commission I mean. If you have the time and/or the interest I'd love to talk to you more about this.
Have a great day!
Sylvia
anaboocreationsbysylvia.blogspot.com

Linda said...

What amazing pics....Love the Ravens. I I have to look around for more things. Working on my fireplace mantle. There is always more that I can buy. I bought the latest Martha mag. Love it. Your header is wonderful. You have a great talent.Talk to you soon. Keep up the spookyness.

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Hi Anna! Loved y our post. I too love the vintagey Halloween look. YOu did SUCH A GREAT JOB! I really like what you did. I am becoming your most recent follower. Enjoyed looking at your blog!
Blessings,
Debbie

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Well I will be back I couldn't get your follower button to work...don't know why...but I will be back!!
Blessings,
Debbie

Victoria said...

Wonderful!! Gorgeous post...full of enchantment..I looove what you did with the chandelier..awesome!!
Your blog looks specatcular too..magical!
Victoria~

Our Hopeful Home said...

You are so right ~ I've always thought Martha does the BEST Halloween! You are pretty close, though ~ love your decorations!

Justina said...

Anna!!! Great Post! I am in LOVE with the glittery ravens :-) ... I too saw them @ Target! There is A LOT of cute stuff at Target and A.C. Moore... Check out my new Spooky Monday post for all of the Treats I picked up from there this past week! I love your new layout as well... I also changed my blog layout to a fall theme :-D How are your PM Party Preps going?!? I am finally in full swing of edits , and piecing my story together, AAAAHHHH so many awesome participants, I can't wait !! .... I will email you directly to talk to you more bout some smaller details...

Tricks and Treats,
Justina
xoxo
http://labohememagique.blogspot.com

Rebecca said...

Those glittery ravens are so cool-so many things you could do with them! Happy Spooky Monday!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I love all the ravens and bats, too. I'll have to hit the stores - I've been so busy and I need to do a little shopping. ;) Butterflies as part of Halloween decor is a great idea. We can create paper butterfly mobiles! Happy first day of fall to you! Theresa

Mary Bennett said...

Came over from Wendy's Spooky Monday. I love your chandelier with the crows and everything. HOw artistic!
Mary
marynate.blogspot.com

Dandelion Dreams said...

Do you hear me squeaking over the new look of your blog?!?! Sweet twinkling stars but this is GORGEOUS!!!!!!! I mean, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!

I want to live in your blog background. lol

On this special night, I hope the moon shines especially bright at your house.

hugs,

Angelique

ps.. I totally adore the chandelier too, but right now I am so ecstatic over your new background that it's all I see! lol

Anonymous said...

I don't think I can all out decorate the house for Halloween just yet (you are making rethink lighting options!) but adding a few crows and ravens, (maybe a frog here and there) could be acceptible.

Mya said...

I do not think that I have seen a prettier halloween decoration for a chandelier. I have seen cute ones, and clever ones, but this one is really pretty, and full of seasonal color.