a midsummer altered fairy shoe challenge


**View my fairy shoe post and all the other fabulous shoes HERE**


When inspiration doesn't always come to you maybe the best thing to do is give yourself a little nudge. I decided to do a fun challenge this month and I would like to invite you to join me.

To celebrate Midsummer (June 22) and Fairy Day (June 24) I created A Midsummer Altered Fairy Shoe Challenge. I loved doing the paper fairy shoe swap at Bliss Angels last year so I thought it would be fun to do something with a real shoe this time.

I love the idea of fairy shoes. Whether they are the tiny paper ones, ones made from textiles and cloth  or crafted from worn recycled shoes.


One of my favorite sources of inspiration are the designs of Basia Zarzycka. She is known for her intricately detailed bridal couture, accessories and shoes. There is a magical fairytale quality in her designs that I just love.

The green pair above and the rosey ones below are both by Basia. You will find more whimsy and inspiration at her website here.



I also found this fun Fairy Shoe Shrine on Etsy.



The exquisite pair below is from 7 Rose Petal Path. I love how the artist incorporated the shoes into a woodland vignette.



These are only suggestions of course. There are plenty of images available online if you do a search

*   *   *   *

Here are the rules:

- I invite you to alter an actual shoe or slipper. It can be a pump, wedge, flats, canvas, ballet shoe or any shoe you no longer use. You can also pick a pair up at the thrift shop for super cheap if you like. One of your kid's old shoes would work very well and baby shoes or wee little doll shoes would also be perfect.


- You can alter one shoe or a pair and it can be purely decorative or something you or someone might  really wear.


- Use any material or medium you like to embellish and alter your shoe/s. Paper, paint, clay, metal, lace, glitter.....whatever inspires you to unleash your inner fairy!



- You can create a shoe for a fairy, a shrine or vignette. You can tell a story to go along with your shoe/s or simply share photos.


- There is a button on the right sidebar so you can get the word out to all your fairy kin.


- Be ready to post and share your fairy shoe on Saturday, June 23. I will have a linky up with my post the night before.


*  *  *  *


I'm looking forward to getting back into creating again and being inspired by all of you. I know this might be somewhat short notice but the idea hit me and I wanted to just go with it and see where it takes me. Thank you for helping me find my muse again. I hope you'll play along.



If you have any questions please feel free to email me.



16 comments:

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh WOW this sounds like brilliant fun, Count me in, Love all the shoe pics you have here, Love Hxx

Marfi-topia said...

Neat-o!
I'm in!!!!

Queenie Believe said...

Wow what an awesome challenge!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Dianie said...

Oh my,
What a wonderful way to get the creative juices flowing again..

this challenge is very much what I need too..
Count me in :)

~Diane

Toriz said...

Sounds fun. Will have to give it a miss though; I've got enough going on at the moment.

Wendy Aspinall said...

What fun count me in .... I'll put your button on my blog Hugs wendy

Conversations with the Muses said...

Well as they say if the shoe fit?... and this one definitely does! Count me in!
my blog is triciafountaineblogspot.com

Linda said...

Looks like so much fun...I won't be able to play. I've been working and am so tired. I will be watching all the fun from my computer. I will write soon. Glad to see your creative juices flowing.

Lady of the Woods said...

this is such a brilliant idea and I'm glad I found this on Tricia's blog, since I wanted to do this but it didn't occur to me to make it a blog challenge fun groupy thingy thing to do !!! LOL....count me in but I make a disclaimer now....I get migraines and sometimes am out of commission....but as of now I'm intending to do this with you all. You can see a pair I have done for myself ala Cinderella on my blog here http://fairycafeandgarden.blogspot.com/2012/04/fairy-tale-slippers.html but I've been wanting to do another pair more for fairies than for Cinderella! thanks for this...will grab your button. blessings, Lady of the Woods

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna, I am sorry to have seen this so late as I already have my plate full through July with other obligations. Darn! I cannot wait to see what everyone creates. Hugs to you sweetie. Mina

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

I would love to play and will sign up on the eve of the 22nd. Oma Linda

Jessica said...

Oh I would love to participate in your fairy shoe challenge! Count me in! I'll be ready to go by the 23rd. :)) Can't wait!

Rapunzel Studio
url: www.awoodlandfantasy.blogspot.com

Jessica said...

Ooh, this looks like so much fun!! I would love to participate! Count me in!

xx Jessica

Rapunzel Studio
URL: www.awoodlandfantasy.blogspot.com

Lady of the Woods said...

oh my gosh I've been stumped! I cannot find a pair of shoes I can work with and here in Florida the only thing I own are flip flops...so unless I can come up with something for those, then I must say I'm sadly out of this challenge! bummer...but not too late yet....*fingers crossed*

Chrislyn said...

I know it's kind of late notice, but I would love to participate! I will be back tomorrow to sign up. I will post your button now! Thanks so much!!

Chrislyn

Denise said...

So sorry I missed this one.Didn't hear about it tell now.