earth day everyday

Today is officially Earth Day. There are lots of activities and festivals almost everywhere that help to celebrate and bring awareness to taking care of our Mother Earth. I think most people I know try to do something everyday to live a greener life. Whether it's recycling, bringing your own bags to the grocery store, buying local produce from the farmer's market, buying organic or keeping a little garden. Every little bit helps and not just today but everyday.



We in the creative community are blessed with the talent and skills to be able to create beauty from something that might otherwise be thrown away. Buying vintage and second hand is definitely recycling. My husband would say that I'm a little too enthusiastic when it comes to collecting used things.

However you choose to celebrate Earth Day I hope you can carry this spirit with you everyday. It's not always easy, I know. And some cities are much more earth friendly than others. My city is known for it's suburban sprawl and lots of people here still drive around in big gas guzzling SUVs. But there have been lots of changes too and that's always a good thing.

So enjoy all the beauty of the earth today....reduce, reuse and recycle as much as you can....make more art...and have a lovely Easter weekend.


10 comments:

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Beautiful Earth Day post, Anna! It is true to honor the earth everyday. :) And congrats on your lovely feature on Cindy's Whimsical Musings Magazine Blog. :) Enjoy the weekend - hope you are well! xoxo Theresa

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Anna,
Happy Easter!!! I hope you'll come over and see my magazine blog...You are featured--and you're welcome to take a "featured" button from my sidebar too!
XO
Cindy

CuddlyBunny said...

Luckily your husband can commiserate with any of our loved ones!

Have a fantastic day Anna!

Art From The heart said...

Came over from Cindy's,love your blog so I'm a new follower. Hope you'll join me as well.
Two days left to sign up for my HUGE spring give away.
Take a look. Amy

Toni said...

Happy Easter to you Anna !!!

Donna said...

Saw you over at Cindy's blog. I love your work! The purse of yours that she featured is amazing! Happy Easter:)

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Earth Day, early Happy Easter, and I have very much missed visiting with you.
I am having computer troubles so have no new post up this week, but I will come visit again.

Fran. said...

Hi Anna. I just love Earth Day and the fact that the awareness of recycling is addressed. When I was younger I was going to grow up and save the world by recycling!! LOL I was gonna be a hippie and live on a farm! LOL Well at least I have stuck to recycling and my creations I make usually have some sort of recycling in them!! I really liked this post. thanks Anna! XO Love, Fran.

Linda said...

Hi Anna, I hope you have an amazing day. We all should practice earthday everyday. There is always room for more recycling.

Anonymous said...

Happy Earth Day to you, Anna!