spooky monday and a 'dark' atc swap

It's another Spooky Monday Tuesday! I seem to always be a day late...or as I like to say, sometimes I just feel like I live in a different time zone! Thank you to everyone that stopped by my Halloween party. This is a mad week with my tea party coming up this Saturday too. I'm so excited. And starting to panic just a smidge as I'm farther behind than I wanted to be. But I've got my pointy hat on and I'm stirring and brewing as  fast as I can!


Here is the beautiful ATC Wendy sent me for our Blissfull ATC Swap. Our theme this month is DARK and I think this Gothic image and all the dark sparkles and elements Wendy used is perfect. Wendy is the hostess for the Blissfull ATC Swap and I'm so glad I got a chance to swap with her this time. You can see the one I sent her on her blog Blissfull Angels.



Each night my son and I add a few more things to the front of our house. Last night we did tombstones and ravens which I didn't do pictures of yet but here is what's by the garage door. There's one on each side. I started with a frosted berry wreathe and added a sunflower and black bow to it. On top is a foam cutout of an owl (from an old Martha Stewart magazine). Inside the wreathe is a tin luminarie hanging on a nail and inside that is a little battery operated tea light. I just turn it on each night for a spooky look.



Giant jack-o-lantern near the front door. I put another battery operated tea light in it instead of plugging in the light because I like the softer glow and it flickers like a real candle.


I'm also addicted to little signs!


This is Oliver. He followed me home from Michael's last week. He'll be at my Tea Party with his friend Blossom who you'll meet on Saturday.

Happy Spooky Monday!
Go and visit Wendy at Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland for more spooky fun.


P.S. Is it just me or is everyone having problems uploading images on Blogger? I can only upload one image then I have to go back to the edit post page before I can upload another one. It took me forever to do the Halloween party post! This happen to any of you guys too?

14 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Yes to the question about loading photos it looks like they are working on it on wednesday so hopfully it will get sorted out... so it will be down while they work on it... looking forward to Saturday.. hugs Wendy

Papillon Bleu said...

Yes, I have trouble uploadind photos sometimes but not always. I still use the old version though.
A lot of people complai about it.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

Oh your house is going to be totally spectacular, by Halloween!

Yes, I had all sorts of loading photos problems yesterday[10/19]. I thought maybe it was because I was posting stories about spooky stories of old houses in our old Victorian city. ,-)

Heathen said...

I love your Halloween decoration photos. Can't wait to see more!

Angela said...

Your decorations are so cool! Wendy did a super job (as always) on her card..I can't wait to see the rest!
Angela

Justina said...

Hey Anna!!
I always look forward to your Spooky Monday posts! I love the new decor that you and your son put up !! Oliver is adorable, I can't' wait to meet Blossom on Saturday!! I put up a new Spooky Monday post yesterday , come check out all the new goodies I have waiting for you!!
-Justina
xoxo

Gaby Bee said...

I have trouble uploadind photos sometimes also and I hate it!
Your Halloween decoration photos look gorgeous!
Hugs, Gaby

Linda said...

I love your newest addition to your decorations. Your ACT is awesome. As always great work. Yes, a few uploading problems yesterday...Had to finally walk away for a while.

Brenda Pruitt said...

Blogger has been driving me nuts for days! I'm glad I'm not alone. I don't seem to have the decorating gene that extends to Halloween and such out front. I wish I did.
Brenda

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I can't wait for your Tea Party post. Oliver is cute - can't wait to meet Blossom. :) Your house is going to look so amazing for Halloween - wish I could see all your decorations in person. :) Theresa

Rebecca said...

All your halloween spookies look great-it's so sad that it's getting closer-I hate taking it all down-wish it lasted longer!

Rebecca said...

All your halloween spookies look great-it's so sad that it's getting closer-I hate taking it all down-wish it lasted longer!

Anonymous said...

Your yard and your blog are getting spookier day by day.

Anonymous said...

In preparation for the tea party I had to pass on to you the triple blog award. Hugs and sparkles - WG
http://witchygodmother.blogspot.com/2010/10/award-with-thanks.html