i'm late, i'm late

Sometimes things happen. And sometimes you don't realize that some things can actually be a gift in disguise. The city has been doing work around my neighborhood and this morning we woke up to no internet and no cable. Gasp! No morning CNN for my husband. No catching up on the latest Ghost Hunters tweets for my son. And no late Spooky Monday post for me. What's a family to do?

Well the husband and kid made it to work and school ok despite the missing pieces from their morning routines. And....I got a lot done! Ha! No distractions. Just peace and quiet and an occasional meow from Luna. I edited a good chunk of my Fanciful Twist Halloween Party pics, caught up on my ATCs, and even managed to bring out a few more decorations out of storage. Amazing!

Everything is back in order again. My Spooky Monday post is nearly a Spooky Wednesday one. So with a quick apology to dear Wendy here is my Spooky Monday.....


I really wanted to take a picture of the moon last night. That lovely crescent moon playing hide and seek behind the witchy tree in my front yard. I call it my witchy tree because in a week or so I'll hang pointy little witch hats from it. I wanted a picture of the moon because it's our moon. Yours and mine. The one that's going to light up our Tea Party in less than 2 weeks! It's our very own Halloween moon and we can watch it grow and grow until it looks like a ghost pumpkin against the velvet night sky. Isn't it exciting?



There are spooky shadows in my front yard that even a passing ghost might find curious. Like this one from a plant I named Arthur. Although he looks quite odd and unassuming Arthur plays a part in the Halloweening of my wee house.



And what might this curious warty gourd be you might ask? Isn't it beautiful? I'm told it's called a knucklehead pumpkin. Honestly! My son and I saw it and had to add one to our pumpkin collection. In keeping with our tradition of naming just about any inanimate object we dubbed this one Warwick of the Shire of Wharty.



Finally here is a look back at last years decor. This spooky witch scared a few little ones last year. I think she's quite lovely myself. And there is my plant Arthur right next to her. See he holds up one of my pumpkin lanterns. I love when everything twinkles with orange fairy lights which we are about to put up right now. Let's hope they all hold up in the heat tomorrow. Our October heat wave continues with another high of 91. I knew we would pay for that unusually cool summer somewhere. Any of you lovelies out on the east coast mind blowing a few more leaves my way?

Make sure to visit Wendy at Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland for lots more Spooky Mondays fun. And there's still time to join my Tea Party Under A Halloween Moon. Won't you come and play?



Happy almost mid week Spooky Monday!




9 comments:

Marfi-topia said...

Well worth the wait Anna! Love the witchy!and warwick is especially handsome!
have a good night!

Faerie Sage said...

Well I definately understand on the internet thing Mine wont stay connected from more than about three min and is so slow I cant do anything anyhow. Cant wait for the 23rd to enjoy the next blog party! Lovely pics, keep up the wonderful posts late or not they are worth it!

Linda said...

I love the wickedly wonderful decorations. I think that they are spooktacular. So glad that your electricity is back on. It really messes up our minds when we don't have it. Have a great day.

Auntie sezzzzzz... said...

"I wanted a picture of the moon because it's our moon. Yours and mine. The one that's going to light up our Tea Party in less than 2 weeks! It's our very own Halloween moon and we can watch it grow and grow until it looks like a ghost pumpkin against the velvet night sky. Isn't it exciting?"

Oh I love these words! Our Moon. We can watch it grow. We who are looking forward to the Tea Party.

I noticed the crescent moon last night too, but didn't take picture. Must do so, tonight! And copy [with link back to you, of course!] this lovely paragraph of yours. And put it with a pic of the waxing moon. :-)

Gentle hugs...

Victoria said...

Yay !!Fun-fabulous post! That witch is super cool..i bet she scared a few kiddies! Lovely spooky photos..dazzling!That gourd is pretty warty...great shot!
Oh my ..your tea party sounds like such fun and I look forwrad to it.
Victoria~

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Better late than never, right? It was worth the wait - you always do fabulous Spooky Monday posts. No matter what day it appears!!! :) Take care - Theresa

Brenda Pruitt said...

I just found your blog the other day. And I just adore the look and feel of it. Something about it makes me want to pore over and scroll all your posts! Sometimes it's good to get "unhooked" from TV. Ya get a lot more done, I've learned! Love that you name everything. It means you feel a kinship with everything.
Brenda

My Grama's Soul said...

Found you over at KIKI's.....I LOVE your header and the pics you have shared with us...did you design your blog....it absolute takes my breath away. Just wonderful!!

Xo

Jo

Anonymous said...

I am much more prepared for Tea than I am for the party this weekend, but equally excited to be a part of both.
Your tea wil be my first attempt at an actual tablescape, unless I decide to put a pin on it.

Having those nasty computer problems here and technology had best behave itself this weekend!