pink saturday bags

Happy Pink Saturday! Thank you again to Beverly at How Sweet the Sound for hosting. Don't forget to visit her for more pinks.

Last week I posted one of my favorite (blue) bags so this week I'm going back to pink. These bags are ones I don't have but are on my wishful list!


I love Mary Frances bags. They're highly embelished and look like vintage Victorian and turn of the century bags. They're like little works of art. Most of her bags are little evening ones like this one but she recently started a line of bigger more practical bags. This one is from Victorian Trading Company. I love the crushed velvet and all the rose, mauve and amber hues. Don't know where I would use it right now but I would love to own one.


This Isabella Fiore fairy bag is in my favorite shape. A framed stachel. Again another little work of art. I think this has been discontinued but you can still 'borrow' it from Avelle.


You know how much I love Alice in Wonderland and here is a Madhatter tote from a line of bags from the movie. I've seen this one in person along with a few other designs I couldn't find online. They're very sturdy and well made heavy canvas. I just thought they would be so much fun to carry around.

Finally there's this pink cut velvet satchel from Petunia Picklebottom (of course I love the name). And believe it or not this is a diaper bag! A very fancy and rather pricey one ($350). Now they didn't have diaper bags like this when my son was a baby and if the price was a little more affordable I would actually use this as a regular bag. I love big bags with lots of compartments and this would be perfect. This color has been discontinued but there are lots more yummy ones from their Cake line over at their site. 

Happy Pink Saturday!

*   *   *   *

Calling all Practical Magic fans!



If any of you lovely ladies are fans of the movie Practical Magic I'd like to invite you to join me and my friend Justina from La Boheme Magique for a Practical Magic Blog Party this fall. We just put up the site and we're really excited with the response we're getting. You can visit here or click on the button at the top of my page. Come and join us!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the first one with the beading and embroidery. Beautiful.

Kandes Naylor said...

I really want that Cake diaper bag! Sooooo cute, but I can't bring myself to drop that kinds of change on a bag. They are amazing bag, though.

Nancy said...

I love Mary Frances, too. I sell similar trims and just DREAM about getting enough time to do one! Happy Pink Saturday!

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Such lovely purses! Of course, the pink one is my fav, ha!

Happy PS,
Jacalyn

Kelly said...

I LOVE the first and last bags, personally. The first one looks so romantic and the last one is a bit more structured.
Very nice post~

Unknown said...

Nice purses, I can see why they are on your wish list!! Happy Pink Saturday!

Theresa Plas said...

They're all gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink Saturday to you:)

Plumrose Lane said...

Love, love, love your handbag choices ~ gorgeous! Your blog is utterly enchanting and thanks so much for your sweet comment on mine!
♥Sharon

Linda said...

Hi, I love all the whimsy. Your blog is full of fun. Thanks for letting me visit. I will be back.

Carousel Dreams said...

I think the first one is my favourite...always love a bit of crushed velvet - yum. Have a magical weekend x

Stephanie Suzanne Designs said...

Happy PiNk, Anna...

Oh my... I love the Mary Frances bag...looks like the type of hand sewing that I like to do. The Isabella Fiore faerie bag is a 'must have'! And I do love the upscale diaper bag for the mom that really can have it all! ♥

Thanks so much for visiting me...I'm going to go visit you party blog. :0)

Have a wonderful PiNk day,
Stephanie ♥

Sinderella's Studio said...

love the bags! Diaper bags were ugly when I had my boys! My daughter in laws have some awesome ones! They had cute maternity cloths too!
Happy PS
dana