july dress up challenge

Goodness it's July already! Where did the year go? It's time to add another 2 dresses to my wardrobe for the Dress Up Challenge at Alice and Camilla.



With all the parties and events from last month I think I may still
be in party mode. So I made 2 sweet little confections for this month.



For July I made a dress for a summer garden party.
Perhaps for a lovely southern belle or an enchanted summer faerie ball.
This wired ribbon is so much fun to play with and the petals and
leaves are an old Dollar Store find.



I found this Valentines paper at a local art shop last week and I knew
I had to use it for my February dress. I added the vintage music paper, lace,
my favorite pink velvet petunia and a few doodles to finish.



And into the wardrobe they go. That makes # 5 and 6 which
means next month I'll be caught up with January and August!

There are lots of gorgeous dresses to see so make sure to stop
by Alice and Camilla to visit the other dressmakers.


19 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

Oh my such lovely dresses!! What a darling idea.

apinkdreamer said...

they are wonderful!!!

Sinderella's Studio said...

OMG ... I am way out of my league for this challenge but LOVE it so I will learn and grow. Your dresses are absolutely beautiful. Can't wait to see what you come up with for the snail mail challenge.
cheers.
dana

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Your dresses are adorable. I love how you used the ribbon along the side of the July dress. And the lovely flowers are make this the perfect romantic dress for summer balls. I like how you are catching up. A very clever way of doing it. And next month you will be there.

BTW, Bleubeard says hi to Luna. He's always happy when he gets to meet other like minded "artists."

Margaret said...

So beautiful Anna! you have such a delicate touch with your colours.
I love the text on your second dress and the photo of all your outfits together
I'm really pleased you decided to play along. Margaret

Jeanie Callaghan said...

They are just gorgeous! Makes me want to go to a party myself. You did a wonderful job!

BadPenny said...

So pretty- love them - your wardrobe full of dresses is like out of a fairy tale

Guriana said...

stunning, romantic dresses!!...I love the ribbon on first and hearts on second:))

Sinderella's Studio said...

okay, I want you to make all my clothes!!!!!!!!!

Nan said...

These are both so pretty....I just love your blog..it has a magical Alicey feel to it and your studio is a definite inspiration!

Karen said...

ooo Anna, these are so beautiful, I love them! X

Halle said...

Oh my..your dresses are so sweet. The July garden party is very inspired! The Valentine February dress is simply wonderful.

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely dresses, how will you ever decide which one to wear ;) The flowers and velvet leaves look so rich on your garden party dress.

Kateyed said...

Those are beautiful. I am loving this.Such incredible interpretations.
Suz
Katsui

Sherry said...

So beautiful, dreamy and romantic! Love them both.

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh my gosh--I am in awe of your dress and how you added it to your "closet" --amazing!! Sheer unbelievable talent!!!!
HUGS,
Cindy
xoxox

Cindy Adkins said...

I have been trying to add "snow" to my blog for 2 weeks. I'm wondering where you found the place to add it to yours...if you could tell me, I'd really appreciate it! (I'm in New Orleans, so I guess it will cool me down here--it's 100 degrees!) Just kidding.
Hugs,
Cindy

Unknown said...

oh my heavens!!! your closet is so cute!! I love your dresses....

this is so much fun!!! I just found this cute challenge and I love it!!! I have my July dress complete...but will have to catch up with everyone on the previous months!!!

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh these are beautiful!!! I love, love, love your garden party dress! And the February one is so cool! I still have to catch up on my Feb dress! Marva