snail mail enthusiast challenge at sinderella's studio

(If you're visiting for Pink Saturday please scroll down to the previous post.)

Here's my project for the Snail Mail Enthusiast Challenge at Sinderella's Studio. The objective was to create a notecard and envelope to swap. I had so much fun making mine. I just went with a very whimsical theme with a bit of a vintage twist using all the colors I love. I used a cutout vintage photo and then just started adding and layering different elements.


I had a pretty floral napkin so I crumpled it up and glued it on after I gave the card a wash of blues and greens. After I added everything I grabbed a copy of Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey (this was a used one that I use for my projects) and the first page I turned to had this sentence which made me smile and I thought it was perfect because of the riot of colors I used.



I made the envelope from colorful scrapbook paper that I really love. Again I added different vintage elements and text from the same book.



What I really liked about making this was being able to chanel my inner child. I had fun playing with paper, paint, glue and glitter.



Thank you for the challenge Dana! Hope you like it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you sooooooo mutch for nice nice comment on my blog!! Your blog is just just stunning & now I will take a long look!!

P & L

Agneta

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! I wish I had a talent like yours. For some reason I am not very crafty.

Kristin said...

These are just stunning! So elegant and colorful - beautiful work, Kristin xo

Sinderella's Studio said...

OF COURSE I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will be looking tomorrow to see who else entered - will let you know of swap and who gets the extras!!!!
Thanks for joining in the fun!!!!
dana

Kelly said...

Thats adorable! I'm sorry I missed out~ :)
I gotta go check out Sinderella's blog....

Plumrose Lane said...

Oh Anna, this is SO enchanting! I love the card and envelope you created and I know it's not the focal but the moon & design on the back are fabulous too (love moons)!
♥Sharon

Margaret said...

Gorgeous piece of work Anna!! love your colours soooo much, superb! Margaret

Maggie said...

This is just beautiful- you are so very talented. I love coming here!