things with wings


Hello again! Did I creep you out enough with my Strange Little People digi? That was fun but I think I started to creep myself out after a bit, lol.

It did get me thinking about Halloween, but I think I'm not really ready to give up on the glitter and sweets just yet.

I recently signed up for the monthly matchbox swap at Vintage Dragonfly. I have always wanted to alter little matchboxes and when I found JoAnne's challenge,
I couldn't resist.

I just missed the last swap. But since I already made the one for the next theme, Treasures of the Sea, I decided to play catch up and also made one for last month's theme, Things With Wings.



I used my favorite vintage fairy and gave her lots of winged friends.

There might be another wee fairy hiding in the butterfly garden....



Come out, come out....wherever you are!


And there she is!

I wasn't swapping so I did the vignette instead of filling it with goodies. I also wanted to add that this is just the standard 32 count matchbox. They make the larger ones called chef's matches, I think, but they were so much bigger. The regular size is small and cute.

I think these matchboxes are going to be my newest addiction. I will show you the other one once I find out who might partner is and after I get it out to her.

I'm on a roll trying to catch up on my challenges. I have my paper dress from last month ready to post too. So sorry I'm so late Angela. I couldn't take a picture tonight without a flash so I'll get that up tomorrow.

Be right back!



14 comments:

Alba Linea said...

love the colors and the glitter everywhere very much! looks so great! have a great week with a lot of sun and glitter too! di
;0)

ann said...

OMGoodness this is amazing so beautiful and colourful,xx

The Sparkly Fairy said...

wow, what an amazing piece!

Anonymous said...

Your stuff is so very beautiful!
Hugs and sparkles
WG

Jeanie Callaghan said...

What a gorgeous matchbox! I'm so sorry you were too late for that swap - and sorry, too that I was not your partner! LOL! I'm really looking forward to seeing your next box. I think they said it was OK to put a little vignette inside the box instead of filling it with goodies. I think I am going to do the vignette.

Terri said...

You must be so pleased with how this turned out!!
Just Beautiful!

JoAnne said...

Totally gorgeous Anna!!!! Now that's an altered matchbox! They are addictive, aren't they? So happy you've joined our group and can't wait to see Treasures of the Sea.

Janet Ghio said...

This box is just gorgeous!!! Is it a regular size kitchen matchbox or one of the mini's?

Petunia said...

Thank you :)

I really had lots of fun making it. Janet I used the regular 32 count box. Is that considered the mini? I know there are the bigger chef's boxes too. I picked up a pack of 10 at the grocery store.

Anonymous said...

This is just stunning, Anna. You have such a gift for so many forms of art. Your creations fill me with a fanciful warmth.

Heathen said...

This is so pretty! I haven't tried matchbox alterations yet. Something to think about.

Artfully Musing said...

Love, love, love this!!! Laura

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Anna - this matchbox is soooo gorgeous! I love anything with butterflies. Thank you for sharing this!!! :) Theresa

Anonymous said...

I like this matchbox design very much. Check http://www.apexmatch.com/