may atc swap - movies

This was such a fun swap....actually all of them are fun! Our theme for the Blissfull ATC swap is MOVIES. I received this great 'Pinocchio' card from my swap partner Chrissy. It is just adorable and I love the way she used alcohol ink to color the canvas. It really made me smile when I opened up my little envelope. Thank you Chrissy!




For my ATC I gathered different movie related images, including a vintage French film poster. I also found a fun retro image of a movie audience wearing 3d glasses. Once I started putting it together I thought it would be fun to make 2 cards.



So I made a folder connected with a piece of old negative film.



I also used negative strips for the collage and finished it all with charcoal ink stain and silver metallic pen. I thought the 2 cards together gave it a 'widescreen' affect.

You can see more great movie ATCs at the Blissfull ATC Swap Flickr page.


Don't forget to visit the Artful Bag Challenge page to see this month's lovely paper purses. And you can still enter to win my Fairy Wand giveaway. Click on the buttons on the right sidebar for details.



7 comments:

Pellie / Penny said...

both cards are so creative.

Hugs,
Penny

Beansieleigh said...

Oh my gosh.. What an awsome swap! BOTH of your cards are fabulous! I really got a kick out of the Pinocchio card. I'm a kid at heart, and just LOVED it as soon as I saw it!.. And YOURS?.. I LOVE every little element you've tied together! Beautiful work, and FUN!.. I don't want to show my own till my swap partner gets hers. I mailed it by the due date, but the postal service estimated a whole WEEK'S time for delivery! I couldn't understand THAT, but.. Oh well, I still really enjoyed the movie theme, and now I'm just wondering if NEXT month's theme is up yet! Looking forward to it!... Have a great weekend! ~tina

Linda said...

A very excellent swap...and oh so much fun.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Awesome swap theme! You got such a cool ATC - and you went above and beyond with something so amazing. Enjoy! Theresa

JoAnne said...

What great cards Anna! I provided your partner in the Treasures of the Sea swap with your address. She lives in Canada and a postal strike is looming so she was anxious to get it out to you before she couldn't. (She sent you a flickrmail.)

pchickki said...

both are totally awesome
Great idea.

Antonella said...

I LOVE Pinocchio - too funny!!! As always, fantastic!! Hugs, antonella :-)