may artful bag challenge


Happy May everyone.

It finally really feels like Spring with the last of the Winter weather gone for good.

So much has been going on in the world the last few days. From the joyous and grand, to another heartbreaking disaster, to the truly incredible.

Prayers go to everyone affected by the tornadoes, the very best of luck to the newlyweds and a hope for peace to the families of 9/11.



Well I was one of the 2 billion people watching the Royal Wedding and being on the west coast, that was from 2am to 5am. I wanted to watch it live so I stayed up just like my mom and I did 30 years ago to watch Charles and Diana.

I filled my blue and white Laura Ashley teapot with English Breakfast tea, wore my bright pink flower head band (or should I say Alice band) and cheered along with everyone into the wee hours of the morning.

My husband, whose parents are English, had absolutely no interest in it and went straight to bed. But we did go back to our favorite pub on Sunday for fish and chips celebrated with a cupcake afterwards.




Didn't you just love all those fabulously zany hats?! I am absolutely fascinated by fascinators! Some of the ones on parade at the wedding had a life of its own. I wish we had that tradition here of wearing hats and headgear to formal events. They look like so much fun. Can you imagine?





You can probably guess where I got my inspiration for the May Artful Bag Challenge. We are back to our first theme, Playing With Paper and my bag is a fun tribute to the new Duchess of Cambridge and the spectacular colors in Westminster Abbey.



I used  gold and blue embossed paper and bright raspberry cardstock for my Royal Crown Purse (I didn't have a deep red that I liked). Embellished it with gold pen and added the crest, paper flower and ribbons.

I know I promised a wand giveaway for May Day but I admit that I'm running behind because I got caught up in all the repeat coverage of the wedding all weekend. I never got tired of watching Catherine walking up that splendid aisle and the look on Prince William's face when he finally sees her is priceless. What can I say, I'm a hopeless romantic.

So I will do my wand giveaway at the end of the week. I still have pictures to post of the wonderful wand I recieved from Lynn and also the amazing package I got from Ana for the ATC swap.

The Linky tool for your May paper purse is below. Please join us for the Artful Bag Challenge if you haven't already. The challenge is open the entire month and all you need to do is create your bag and add your post to the Linky. You can also add pictures to the Artful Bag Challenge Flickr page.

Click on the buttons at the top of the page for more details.

I can't wait to see your wonderful paper purses!





19 comments:

Jeanie Callaghan said...

What a fabulous handbag! I'm sure the Duchess would love it.

peggy gatto said...

this is so fantastic, wonderful!!!
Off to get busy!!

Thespoena McLaughlin said...

Can't wait to join in. I made some fabric bags this weekend so I'm in the mood for bag making. I'll see what I can come up with. Hugs!
Thespa
Vintiquities workshop

Fran. said...

Anna that is a flippin cool bag and so perfect for this last weeks memories! Kate was so beautiful!! and seemed so happy as did William!! Our weather here in Michigan is getting better too! My lilac bush actuall has purples and buds and should be blooming real soon!! I bought letteuce seeds today to start for the season!! YAY!! It's been a long winter!! XO Love, Fran.

Asas à imaginação said...

Anna, marvelous your bag...deserving of a princess!!!
I'm facturing my artful bag.
Hugs
Marlei

A Magical Whimsy said...

Anna, you are so creative! Love everything you post. Where is the fish and chips place you go to eat at? It's hard to find a good fish and chips place 'inland'. Morro Bay is my favorite when we go to the coast.
Cheers!
Teresa in Central CA

peggy gatto said...

I had fun with this. I am in a floral mood!!!

Angela said...

I'm looking forward to getting started! Your bag is fabulous...I feel inspired!
Angela

CuddlyBunny said...

Anna! Your bag is fantastic! I bet the newest Duchess herself would like to carry this piece!

Electra said...

Anna, your purse is gorgeous, as always! Fit for a princess!

Petunia said...

Thank you ladies :)

Teresa, the place we go to is called Streets of London which is in downtown Sacramento. It's a little place that is really a pub and not a sportsbar like lots of places that say they are pubs. My English in-laws really love it and say it's the best they've had outside of the UK.

Junibears said...

Love your latest bag dear. You are so creative. I love your blog. Hugs xx

Mrs A. said...

Love your May bag theme. Hugs Mrs A.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

I will admit that I cheated and taped the wedding. But I did enjoy - Kate looked so beautiful; her dress was divine. I love how you did it up in style! :) Theresa

Antonella said...

I love your inspiration and the incredible purse you made!!! You are so talented (I love all your dresses too, and your wonderful collages)... I am participating this month (I entered my son's card that he made in school - it is a purse - lol)
Hugs, antonella :-)

Patricia's Paper Crafts said...

Love your bag for this challenge.

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

lindissimos projetos!

Ana Cristina Caldatto said...

Anna querida demorei mas trouxe minha participação a tempo de fechar o mês!

Anna took me dear but I brought my participation in time to close the month!
Hugs xxxxxxxx

Angela said...

Whew, I made it! I was worried, but I finished before the deadline!
Hope you like it!