november paper dress and wardrobe

We're counting down to the final 2 dresses for Dress Up 2010 at Alice and Camilla. This month we also get to share our little wardrobes. Remember I made this shoebox wardrobe for my dresses when I first joined.



I loved it but it started to get a little beat up from all the moving around. When Margaret said we could show off our wardrobes this month I thought about changing it somehow. Then I saw my friend Marfi's gorgeous cabinet and the room she made for her gypsy doll and I was absolutely inspired.


I remembered this mini trunk that my son and I usually use for our Harry Potter events. It reminded me of the old steamer trunks people would take on travels to exotic places. It was just the right size so I turned it on it's side...



I brought over the mirror from my shoebox and also made a little chair to go with the other mirror. The black and white wallpaper and chair cover are Halloween napkins left from my tea party and the chandelier is one of my earrings that I added more dangly bits too. The lace trim valances are hanging from dowels with jump rings like cafe curtains.


My 2 October dresses finally got proper hangers and joined the others.


Silly me. I squeezed in all the other dresses but forgot to turn them around so only the October dresses were facing the right way. Oh well.



And here is my November dress. November to me is about the quiet comfort of late Autumn. After the excitement of October I can just enjoy the colors and leaves, listen to classical music and finally begin to bring some of my fuzzy sweaters and scarves out of hiding.


I had so much fun making my little wardrobe. Afterwards I couldn't help studying it and thinking how I'd love a full sized one to play in lol! I think this dress is also one of my favorites. And now we have just one dress left to go.

Big thank yous go to Linda who sent me the lovely laminated leaves, Angelique for the beautiful laces, paper flowers and vintage sheet music, Marfi for the awesome mirror frame. And Melinda, one of my Great ATC Witch Swaps for the colorful yarn.

You can see all the other pretty dresses and wardrobes at Alice and Camilla.

31 comments:

Faerie Sage said...

How wonderful and amazing! Just beautiful!

Marfi-topia said...

It's absolutely incredibly gorgeous, I love it. And the details on the dress are breathtaking!

BadPenny said...

Totally Divine. Your wardrobe is a dream & the dress perfect for November.

Sara said...

love that idea and the wardrobe is geat. You have inspired me. I am off to create.
hugs
Sara

Anonymous said...

You really did a beautiful job on the wardrobe and the dresses just wonderful. Hugs and sparkles - WG

Dandelion Dreams said...

What a great idea for the wardrobe! I love it! And that dress might just be one of my favorites. I adore the shape of it and there's just something about it. Haha I didn't even realize that was the ribbon until I read it! It looks so awesome on the dress!

And btw, I am loving your new blog header!!!!! The gypsy wagon and the woman dancing and cat!!! Yes, color me green with jealousy for sure on this one! Awesome! Just awesome! Those butterflies on the side.. perfection!

Laura said...

What a wonderful idea! The trunk is so cute. I love that you find everyday objects and breathe new life into them. So inspiring!

Margaret said...

Beautiful November dress, love the colour and the calm before Xmas feel it has to it!
Your wardrobe is gorgeous! the black and white is so stylish! fab and more fab!! Mx

The Charm House said...

Your November dress is just beautiful!
Love it!

Charlene Stemen said...

Love this dress! I was born in the fall, so I like all things comfy, cozy and natures colors! You have truly been inspired by the season!

Leanne said...

To step into your little paper dresses room is a dream of mine . . . oh, how I love these. They truly make me smile. Love their new home (that chest is so enchanting) and I love the November dress. I can't imagine anything more lovely than these.

Cameron said...

What fun! It certainly would be a dream to have a life-sized version...heehee! ...and that November dress is gorgeous!

Linda said...

It's a wonderful trunk...so many posibilities.
Dresses are lovely too. thank you for sharing.

My Grama's Soul said...

I popped over here from Kiki's.....I loved this post today...it is like paper dolls for grown up ladies.....ah delightful!!

Xo

Jo

AlphaBetsy said...

Wow... just wow. That wardrobe is beautiful. I love that you used napkins for the wallpaper. Great idea. Very inspiring.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh how beautiful!!!!! Lovely little papers and an adorable wardrobe to hang them in!!!! You best beware of little pixies who might want to sneak in and snag them! ;) Theresa

Papillon Bleu said...

Oh I wish I could come and play too!
The wardrobe turned really great! this paper dress challenge is such a sweet idea!

goddessandmagick said...

I think I will make one too!!

Heathen said...

This is so beautiful, you're creativity is amazing! And I have to say I feel exactly the same way about November...it's time to be quiet and cozy. Love this!

Sherry said...

Your dress is beautiful, really captures the essence of the season.

Your wardrobe however, totally steals the show - WOW, it's gorgeous!!! You have done such a wonderful job of decorating the inside, all that detail - it also has a touch of magic about it too - with the Harry Potter connection!

The Rantings of a Drama Queen's Mum said...

They are very pretty.

Annabelle said...

Early this morning it was snowing and I felt like going to a church sale in a neighbouring town and see all of the lovely creations being offered for sale but I opted to keep hubby home to relax for a change and instead I got my inspiration from Frosted Petunias. Gorgeous work Anna...Love it!

Annabelle ~^..^~

Rebecca said...

These are really fun-new style paper doll clothes-really unique-I really liked seeing how you figured it all out!

Cindy Adkins said...

This is truly beyond amazing!!!!! I love it Anna!!
XO

Unknown said...

What beautiful stuff, I love to look at stuff like this, not very good at making it though.

~*~Patty S said...

Delightful creations, your photos are wonderful and your wardrobe is pure magic
oxo

Electra said...

First of all, your blog header is beautiful!! The wardrobe is so magica, I'm with you, I would love one my size as well. And your November dress makes me think of a fireplace and cuddling. Lovely!

Angela said...

Your dress is gorgeous. I love the colors of fall, which fit your gown perfectly. Your wardrob is too cool! I'd love to have one full size just like it? Who wouldn't want a chandelier in their closet???
Angela

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I swear I don't know how I missed your dress and steamer trunk wardrobe. This has got to be the most elaborate cabinet I have seen. The details are superb, right down to the chandelier. And of course, that dress is beautiful, too. I love the colors that are so perfect for autumn.

Sandy Ang said...

Just stunned by your incredible trunk wardrobe - it's amazing ! And your dress evokes all those wonderful fall touches.

Marva Plummer-Bruno said...

Oh I love your wardrobe!!! It's fabulous! I started decorating mine, but never got it finished. I really need to do that and finish my dresses, I hate to leave things unfinished...