three muses art challenge

Happy September!!
And Happy Spring to everyone down under.

This is for The Three Muses weekly art challenge. This week's theme is BACK TO NATURE. When I think of nature I think of camping so my collage turned out to be more of a scrapbook page that includes a photo from my very favorite camping trip ever.


Three years ago we went camping at Big Sur (California) in November. It was absolutely beautiful. The ground was covered with a blanket of fallen leaves in all the gorgeous shades of autumn. It was cool and quiet since less people camp in the fall. The nights are cold and perfect for gathering around a glowing campfire. There's nothing I love more than being nestled in a dark forest of towering redwood trees, looking up at the stars until I can't keep my eyes open any longer then climbing into a great big tent and listening to the crickets sing all night long. And later the smell of crisp smoky morning autumn air when you climb out of your tent just after dawn to light another campfire.....pure bliss.


19 comments:

Junibears said...

What a lovely trip to remember Anna. Wonderful collage. xx

scrapwordsmom said...

Your post made me want to sit around a glowing campfire in fall and I don't even like camping! LOL!

Leanne said...

I'm right there with scrapwordsmom! You know I'm not a big camping kind of person ... but I do believe that this is one camp ground I would LOVE to be in!!!

Netty said...

Oh wow Anna this is fabulous. Annette x

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wonderful collage.

LynnF said...

Oh, I miss California...and your absolutely beautiful card is so evocative of a great state! Love seeing your art!

brandi said...

~pure bliss is right...we are ones who can not get enough of sleeping and being outdoors in the woods! you created a beautiful piece to reflect the wonders of nature and i adore your owl...warm wishes and brightest blessings~

indybev said...

What a beautiful page to remember a very special trip! Your description was equally wonderful, and I felt I was there. There IS something about sitting at a campfire under a blanket of stars that can't be replicated! Thanks for sharing.

Kim B said...

Thats wonderful! Thanks for sharing. Hope you aer having a great week.

Taluula said...

My goodness, this brought back many happy memories of camping trips first with our children and then with our grandchildren, there is nothing quite like it. I love how you have drawn your watcher's eye right into this lovely piece to make us feel as though we are really there. Perfect piece.

Lori Saul said...

What a lovely trek into the wildnerness- a charming and beautiful collage of Nature's playground!

WrightStuff said...

ooh that does sound lovely. Can I come along next time? Did anyone have a guitar. I think every camping trip needs a good sing song too!
This is a gorgeous piece of art, made all the more special by your story.

K J D said...

Gosh... you make me want to go camping!

When I unzip my wash basket (!) the noise reminds me still of camping trips with my brother and parents. The smell of the canvas and the great outdoors.

Your piece brings it all back. Thankyou! I really really love this piece!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning piece, love what you have done with this challenge.

By the way I also just want to tell you that I totally adore your blogheader, fantastic, you are so talented. It's a delight to visit your blog!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

This is a beautiful piece, and it is definitely a great way to remember your trip. That owl is so cool! Theresa

Linda said...

I just love your picture collage. You did an amazing job. hope to see more of your work soon.

Deann said...

It is so into the woods truely make me feel back to nature...and I love your falling snow.

Jester said...

A lovely page, Anna, and such a great way to keep a record of a special memory.

Ozstuff said...

What a magical piece. I love the idea of you taking us on your trip - looking past the owl and into another world. Absolutely superb in every way. This is one of those pictures that draws the viewer in - and then in again for another look.