spooky mondays

Can you feel it? An ever so slight chill in the air in the early hours of the morning. I love to tease myself and wonder if it's time to grab a sweater before I head out the door. I do this every morning and of course the answer is still no. But it's coming.


Let's go visit the witch's cottage.

Just beyond the (American) river and through the woods (ok the park). Hey that's my house! I started bringing out some of my Halloween goodies. The ones that aren't buried DEEP in storage. This wooden shelf is the best thing I found this year. It's from my favorite thrift store and I bought it for $4.98! It's heavy solid dark wood and it's perfect for my little displays.



Miss Fiona is my newest witchy. I found her at Home Goods this weekend!
Hmm...I think some of us might be spending our weekends there the next few weeks.



Fiona even has her own book! I love this little childrens book by Mark Kimball Moulton. I've had it since Sebastian was a little guy and each year it's one of the first things I bring out for Fall. Do you remember the article Country Living did on the author's house a few years ago? Oh he has the most magical red cottage and garden which was featured in their October issue. I'll have to see if I can dig it up.



Potions and spells by candle light. And the wondrous aroma
 of pumpkin pie fills the witch's house.



As the witching hour nears visitors of the spectral kind
are drawn to the cottage in the woods. Do ghosts like pumpkin
pie I wonder?



Have a bewitchingly Spooky Monday!
Make sure to join Wendy at Wendy's Adventures in Wonderland
for lots more Spooky Mondays magic.


Wait I almost forgot! I wanted to show you this set of papers that I'm absolutely
drooling over. I didn't know they make them but it's just WONDERfully perfect.


Graphic45 makes this set of Halloween Alice in Wonderland papers!
I just realized they only sell wholesale but you
can also buy it here.

And here's the Country Living article on Mark Kimball Moulton's house.

Go see!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

How delightful & spooky, Anna! You have interesting things that capture the eye & interest all the time ... tY for sharing.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN~ Hugs, Marydon

Marfi-topia said...

wow! very cute post,and as usual,everything looks deliciously fun!your little witch is so adorable!i love her nose!

Victoria said...

Yay Fabulous post...oooh how i love the beautiful Fiona,,she is dazzling and lovely!!
Thanks for all the magical links to explore too..yay..how fun! You are a shiing star! Happy Spooky Monday!!
PS: Oh yes...most definately...Ghost love pumpkin pie!!
Victoria~

Netty said...

Thank you for showing us your fabulous Halloween bits and pieces, they are terrific. Annette x

JoAnne said...

Great post Anna! Happy Spooky Monday!
xoJoAnne

Justina said...

Anna ,
I absolutely LOVE all of your Spooky Monday posts !!! I finally got my post up a few hours ago ! lol... gosh im such a procrastinator !! I just love Miss Fiona! And that Hallowe'en in Wonderland paper is def a must have !!! I love your new autumn layout!! I'm debating whether or not i should change my blog theme to fit the season as well....
-Justina
xoxo
http://labohememagique.blogspot.com

Our Hopeful Home said...

Such great stuff ~ I'll meet you at Home Goods! :)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh--love this post, Anna!!! So whimsical and wonderful!!!
Hugs,
Cindy
xox

Linda said...

WOW ! How witchly wonderful. Sooky and so ghostly. You've made my day. I love all your new finds. I am always on the look out for new things.
Yes, it's coming weither we like it or not. The trees are turning colors and leaves on the ground are turning crunchy.

Rebecca said...

I love all your halloween goodies! Such a fun time of the year!

Leanne said...

Oooooo ... so cool! I think those papers were made just for YOU, Anna! LOVE the fall designs, dear friend! Just LOVE them!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Lovely post!!!! I SO want that Alice Halloween paper! Thanks for posting the link!!! :) I just LOVE fall so much!!! :) Puts me in the happiest of moods. Theresa