creative spirit, leaves and wishes

Pinch me. Are those trees rustling in the wind I hear? Not just a light breeze but actual gusts coming through our riverside city. It's 63 degrees at 10 am. 63!! And the weather guy said there's a 20 to 30 percent chance of showers. That's not much but the sound of it alone is delicious.


I can't tell you how much the sound of the wind lifts my spirits. Yes it's been a mild summer. Well mild for us here in the California central valley. We did get a few 100 plus days last week but overall it's been unusually mild.



After I dropped off my son at school this morning I took a quick walk around the yard and found lots of these scattered about. Poor little guys are a little spotted. I think because it never stayed hot enough all summer. There was more humidity in the air than usual. But it's still glorious. Falling leaves. Pinch me.



I found a couple of bottles in my craft cupboard last night. Just the plain kind you get at the craft store. I've always wanted to alter a bottle. I've painted some before but I wanted to get the look of an antique without making it opaque.



I got the idea to cover it with Gesso and after it dried I used my Ranger Distress Ink pad in Vintage Photo. Then I covered it with an antique decoupage finish. I love the way it looks. It's not completely permanent like glass paint so I don't plan to get it wet or handle it a lot.



But it was a fun experiment and I got to use a ribbon rosette I made ages ago, bits of vintage paper, buttons, old lace and another coffee filter flower. I'm adding this project to my friend Cindy's monthly Creative Spirit Challenge. Make sure you stop by to see all the other great projects.



And speaking of dear Cindy. Look what came in the mail for me this weekend! Cindy made me these beautiful ATCs just because she's such a sweet person. I knew she was sending me the one with the adorable pink dress (in honor of the Dress Up challenge we do every month) but the second one was a lovely little surprise. Oh and I love the word WISH. It's magical and delightful and full of possibilities. I love them! Thank you Cindy.

*   *   *   *

Today I'm grateful for...

The wonderful September WIND outside my window and for WISHES.
I wish all of you a magical pinch-me-it's-almost-autumn day.

18 comments:

scrapwordsmom said...

You have such a lovely way about you. I would love to meet you in person one day!

I love autumn. Wishing you the best today:)

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh Anna,
This is just beautiful and I love how you painted the bottle and the rose on top is gorgeous--wow!!
And that was so sweet of you to post the cards--you are unbelievable!!!!
Hugs,
Cindy

Victoria said...

Yay...I so LOVE your fabulous antique-y bottles...gorgeous...charming...you rock!! Shine on..a beautiful dazzling post! and love the beautiful leaves...
Kiki~

Wendy Aspinall said...

Anna beautiful atlered bottle , thanks for sharing hugs Wendy

Romeo said...

Wow! Your bottles are beautiful!!! The leaves make me want to run outside and play in a big old pile of reds and yellows!! And as if that were not enough Cindy's ATC's are wonderful as well! I'd say that today was a good post day - lots of happy beautiful moments! Glad it was a good one, may tomorrow be yet another grand day!

Purrs!

Rome and "her"

Theresa MacNaughton said...

You did an absolutely wonderful job altering the bottle. It's so pretty! :) And the ATCs you received are just so cute. Have a great night, Theresa

Carousel Dreams said...

Anna, your altered bottles look amazing! I love them! I think you may have inspired me to have a go...have been saving some bottles x

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Anna,
I wanted to ask you if it was hard to make that rose...I have tried before with no success...is there any kind of tutorial I could find?

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Yes, Autumn is just about here! Yay!!! =D

What a gorgeous bottle! I love it. And what fun, magical ATCs to get! Isn't it just the best finding packages you're not suspecting? I love it. ^-^

Jacalyn @ rmebathproducts.com said...

Oh I am just not ready for fall yet! Your bottles are absolutely gorgeous!

Hugs,
Jacalyn

Linda said...

Wonderous and creative. Very photo worthy.
Wind is still blowing through. It's been 3 days of wonderful windy days. Leaves are starting to change here in Michigan. I love your creativity.

Netty said...

Anna, these are gorgeous, x

Unknown said...

Such lovliness!!! Very creative making the bottles look antiqued! You have inspired me! (isn't that what this is all about)? THANK.YOU
Roselle

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

These are Wonderful Anna! I so Glad I Found you!I Flew over from Cindy's Celebrate your Creative Spirit!Your Blog is Absolutely Beautiful!
Have a Wonderful Day!
Jill

Karen said...

WOW! I love what you have done with the bottle...really inspired X

Scrapping With Sherry said...

I am also in the Creative Spirit Challenge and agree Cindy is great! I love your bottles. Would have never known that they were just an experiment! Am puzzled about the gesso. Doesnt even look as if there is any on the bottles, but maybe that is how it dries. Great job!

~Sherry

Brenda said...

I love how your bottle turned out! I have never tried altering a bottle before, but you have inspired me to give it a try, I love the aged look to yours!

Cindy Adkins said...

Hi Anna,
Oh, I've got something cute to show you...when you get a chance, I hope you'll pop over to Whimsical Musings to see my dresses...

I had a plan for over a month and just got to it today, so I couldn't wait to show you...
Hugs
xox