into the woods

To sit in the shade on a fine day and look upon verdure is
the most perfect refreshment. ~Jane Austen





Wouldn't it be lovely to run away into the woods today?
To an autumn woodland tucked away at the most magical edges
of our daydreams. And down the path what would we find...
a tea party of course! Where sunflowers grow as tall
as the tallest trees and pumpkins roll around a carpet of  crunchy
maple leaves like bright orange bowling balls!

I found this wonderful autumn woodland wallpaper freebie and
I thought wouldn't it be absolutely splendid to have a tea party there?
So I brought my Mad Tea Party table over and I wanted to
invite all of you lovely friends for an afternoon tea today.


We all need a little break at the end of this mad week, don't you
think? We can use the pumpkins for chairs or sit right on
this wonderful carpet of leaves. Of course the cupcakes would
be pumpkin spice and our tea would have a hint of golden apple cider.

Afterwards we could take our shoes off and race through the leaves,
all the way to the end of that path into the deepest heart of the woods.

What do you think we would find down there?

Oh if you like my forest collage you're more than welcome to use it on your desktop.
And here is a super magical Halloween blog I just found.

Have a wonderful weekend.



19 comments:

Wendy Aspinall said...

Anna beautiful picture
I have a question who did you blog back ground and if it was you what are you useing, the graphics are wonderful. Hugs Wendy

I wanted to change my blog but could find any thing I loved, so I made my own header but I am still not happy with it

Marfi-topia said...

breathtaking!

Carousel Dreams said...

Anna, you must have read my mind, for that is exactly what I did this week - come see x

Theresa MacNaughton said...

So beautiful!!!! I am happily going to use this as my desktop background. Thanks very much!!! You did a wonderful job. And YES - it would be lovely to go traipsing through the woods finding whatever it is we might find...pixies, magic toadstools, laughing deer, chatty foxes. :) Have a great weekend! Theresa

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous wallpaper, Anna. How sweet to share. Love the teacups, too. Can we make that tea, please? Chuckle!
Have a wonderful PS weekend.
TTFN ~Marydon

Kim B said...

Thats just beautiful and love those tea cups..thanks for sharing, have a great weekend.
Kim :)

ann said...

That is a beautiful place xxx

Victoria said...

Gorgeous and magical...thankyou for this inspiring post of enchantment and beauty!
Victoria~

Wendy said...

Hello dearest Anna,

The tea is just lovely and I love the way the leaves feel and sound as they crunch and rustle below my bare feet. You have the most wonderful artwork. I just want to run away into the pictures.
....And you know how much I love tea parties.
What a wonderfully enchanted one.
It inspires me to set up a forest fall tea party setting back in the woods behind the house. Maybe light the way with candles.
Spells and Wishes,
Wendy from Wonderland

Elaine said...

Oh my, I wish I could find this enchanting place. happy weekend

TheBlakkDuchess said...

Oh... Tea in a magical wood! How splendid! =D
I'll bring some cupcakes... Mmmmm...

Race you to that big tree over there? Ok... GO!

^-^

xoxo

Buccaneers and Ball Gowns said...

I will definitely come for tea! I adore those tea cups. I have just been thinking how I wish I had some Halloween and fall themed/colored tea cups to add to my collection!

Papillon Bleu said...

So this is it...Autumn is here.And....I LOVE IT!!! Your little cups or so lovely.
Sorry I haven't replied to your e-mail yet.Am busy dolly making .
Will write to you very soon!
X

Cindi aka Ericksoc said...

Oh - count me in. I'd love some tea and to spend the afternoon in your beautiful collage world!

Linda said...

I am having a great time at your truly magical tea party. A wonderful place to be, to sit and let my mind wander. I can bring the brownies that I am making for my Practial Magic story.

JoAnne said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the look of your blog Anna!

Cindy Adkins said...

Oh wow, Anna,
This is scrumptious!!! I just LOVE the table and chandelier..it is wildly enchanting!!!
Love,
Cindy

Jorgelina said...

Love the teacups,I adore tea parties.
Happy weekend!!!

Victoria said...

Hello, I wanted to share that i ma hvaing blog problems and unbale to post photos..I truly hope i can fix this soon and i so want to be part of the PM party! Wish me luck!