earth day everyday


Today is Earth Day

Whether you live a green life everyday

or try your best to do your part

I hope you get a chance

to spend a moment

to breathe in the sweetly fragrant air

walk through the woods

or enjoy a patch of green grass and sunlight

in your little corner of the world.



The rain came back to my own cozy nook.

Yesterday's showers were just too tempting for me...



Delicate blooms in the tree outside my open kitchen window

filled my house with a seductive perfume.

Drawing me away from my uninspired morning chores.

I really wish I knew what kind of tree this is.
It never bears fruit but it really does smell like orange blossoms
when it blooms each Spring.



We don't usually get cool wet days this time of the year.

But it's mid April and up in the Sierras not too far from me
they are getting a few feet of snow.

The climate here is definitely changing.

In a few days we'll be back to our normal April weather.
Lots of sun and near 80 temps.

Everyone here revels in it

but me.

(My husband tells me I need to move to the UK, lol!)




So today I savor the smell

of damp leaves

cool earth

and sweet blooms.


This quiet magical time in my garden will
soon give way to squeals and hoots and hollers.
 The warm weather beckoning my suburban
neighborhood  to haul out
lawnmowers, barbecues,
 basketballs and beer.

And we enjoy our warm days out here too.

But for now I'll keep this magic all to myself...

and share it with you of course.


Take care of your little patch of paradise.

Enjoy it with your friends and loved ones.

reduce  reuse  recycle

as much as you are able to


Leave it just as enchanted and beautiful

for all our kids.



3 comments:

Bossy Betty said...

Lovely thoughts and pictures! Happy Earth Day to you too!

LV said...

You did another great job today on this post. You do a wonders putting your words and pictures together. Nice job.

Leanne said...

Such a lovely post! Such wonderful pictures and your charming nature carries through this whole thing! Thanks so much for sharing and for spending some earth day with all of us!