faith...and paper



All month I have visited several blogs and noticed that many of you chose a word to inspire you this year. I really love this idea and think it's much better than trying to stick to a New Year's resolution.

I love the word BELIEVE. I know lots of you do to. It holds so much meaning especially for those of us trying to live a creative and artful life. It's so easy to doubt yourself and loose faith in your abilities. A tiny amount of of self doubt can snowball until you loose sight of your dreams.




One word seemed to keep popping up around me earlier this month. In messages, songs and even in things I would find in stores. After thinking about it I realized I had found my word for the year. It is much like BELIEVE but maybe because it can mean so much more I chose the word FAITH.



Faith goes beyond just believing in my dreams but having faith in the journey to finding them. It means having faith in my passion, my vision and any talent I can nurture. It means having faith in how the journey unfolds.




Last year I loved the word SOAR. I was discovering a whole new world and with each step I felt tiny wings starting to spread. I wanted to soar.  My wings will take me somewhere, I know. Maybe far or not so far.

I will try to have faith in the journey. Not just my creative one but the one I take everyday with all it's ups and downs. I've learned that chaos isn't always a bad thing even if it can seem that way at first. And that a new perspective is like a magic wand sometimes. Faith.



I have been having fun playing with different kinds of paper. Napkins, streamers and paper flowers! One night I came up with this piece and worked on it almost entirely by candlelight because the power went out. When I looked at it the next morning it made me smile. This is just a preview to tease you :)

It will be a gift to celebrate my first blog anniversary on Saturday.
I hope you'll come back and join me for a cupcake or two.

Did you choose a word for 2011? I'd love to hear.



I'm also linking up with my friend Leanne's Word of the Year project.
Leanne's blog From Chaos Comes Happiness has been making me smile since we met early last year. I love how she writes about the chaos and happiness that is her life, so stop by and say hello.

Oh the little paper heart up there was a happy accident that happened while I was playing with a roll of silver streamers from WalMart. It's on it's way to some one's studio but I'm working on a few more for Valentines Day too.





12 comments:

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

Anna, my word for this year is MELD, the act of melting or welding something. I am applying it to me. A fixer upper I will be this year. Melding the good and the better. I love your word, it is timeless.
The Olde Bagg, Linda

Papillon Bleu said...

My word is dOLL! because 2011 looks like the word doll!!!
I love the photo with the ballon! So precious!

Susan said...

Wonderful post Anna! Congrats on your Blogoversary! Mine will be on 2/5.

my word I guess would be Persevere! I set goals, not resolutions. Sticking to the list is tough, especially when dealing with pain, negativity and depression, but I am trying.

Happy New Year!
Susan

Jen said...

Love your post and your word for the year! Mine is more a motto/saying more than anything and it's *No Fear*

No fear in following my heart's path. No fear in listening to my instincts and intuition. No fear in following my dreams. For too long I lived in fear...of everything. I'm tired of being afraid, so hence my motto for 2011!~

I love visiting your blog. I get to *play* here :)

Jill said...

Thank you for this post. It is so good for my heart to hear these healing and beautiful words today. I am challenged to find my word now.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post both in word and art. I love your chosen word and your purposefulness behind it. Keep waving that magic wand. Blessings always.

Shell said...

My word for 2011 is creativity. I want to let all my creative juices out and run wild.
Faith is a wonderful word for 2011, I hope this word takes you on a luminous journey.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Beautiful post, Anna. You selected such a wonderful word. :) I chose a word, too. I picked "grow." I want to grow my art, and my heart, and my life. :) That is my goal for the year. :) I cannot wait to see your gorgeous piece in all its entirety. And, of course, you had me at cupcake! LOL Talk to you soon! Theresa

Leanne said...

You are such a dear, Anna! I adore that little heart! And thanks so much for the shout out to my blog ... you know that you are my biggest inspiration of all, and I'm so glad to know you!!!! One of these days, I hope to tell you face to face! (Really...that heart was from silver streamers??? You are so clever!!!)

Jennie said...

Hi there,
What a beautiful post. I have 2 words that inspire me, hope and jen. Hope because if I hope in others and myself then all things are possible and I never despair. My other word is jen. I "discovered" this word in college while studying various religions. Jen is concept of Confuciamism that embodies benevolance and a oneness with humanity.

I try very hard to live up to both of those words. Wow, just read this and looks like it's time for me to go hug some trees. LOL

Best wishes and high hopes to you. May 2011 give you everything you wish for.

Jennie and the Pekes

Pellie / Penny said...

Wonderful post - your artwork is awesome.
Your word for the year is inspiring.

Hugs,
Penny

Jill said...

I have been pondering what word I might choose and I think "Fly" is my word for this year. I love your "Soar" from last year, but I don't think my wings are ready for that yet. So "Fly" is the word that keeps returning to me. So this year I will learn to fly.