the witches are in


For me Fall can never come soon enough and lately it has felt almost like Fall here in Tomatoland. It's been an unusually cool summer for us despite the fact that yesterday was close to 100. But I'll just ignore that.

 All I can think about are pumpkins and crows and witchy hats. By the way did you see that beautiful full moon last night? Definitely a sign that Autumn is just around the corner.


Just in case you missed my last post I'd like to officially invite you to the 2nd Annual Practical Magic blog party on September 24. I have a separate page just for it and I would love to have you come and join me again. You can click on the button up there at the top and it will take you to the party page.

I'm also really excited about a couple of great Fall events being put on by my blog friends this year. Celia is having a Gypsy Dreams party next month, Wendy is hosting a Halloween Tin Swap and JoAnne is hosting a Halloween Matchbox Swap. So many wonderful ways to start off the season!

One of my favorite yearly rituals is to start checking the shops for Halloween merchandise. Michaels usually puts theirs out right after the 4th of July. I was there last week and it looked like they had most of it out. I have so much Halloween stuff that I rarely find anything I need to add to my collection but it's just so much fun to be surrounded by all that glittery orange and black!

Another shop I love to visit is HomeGoods. The other night I was treated to a whole section filled with Autumn and Halloween goodies. I love seeing the displays before everyone gets their hands on them because by the end of September it's all pretty much picked over.

Here are a couple of pictures I took with my phone before I had to dash out and do grocery shopping. Enjoy!







What sort of delicious Autumn goodies have you found? I'd love to know!

Hope you're having a fabulous weekend.


14 comments:

Georgina said...

A brand spankin' new Michaels opened up here, just down the street from me and I'm in heaven!! Also, Specs, which is a large, TX based liquor warehouse also opened just down the street. I love their deli section and some of their party foods are just fabulous, of course, the wine selection is bar none the best!! LOL I purchased the paper mache skelly masks that I will be making for Day of the Dead and those adorable mini-wooden coffins...having way too much fun with all my little purchases.

Thanks for the mention of the other parties and exchanges going on. I wish I could participate in the Gypsy party, but have lots on the ol' plate, but I'll check out the other activities. And as for our weather out here in far West TX, it's actually been great...under 95 degrees... it's going back up next week...sigh, but it's good to have a break. Have a great week!!

Georgina

LuLu Kellogg said...

Hi Anna~
I am a new Follower :) Your Blog is absolutely magical and it's great to find another Practical Magic Fan!
Wishing you a wonderfully creative day,
LuLu Kellogg

Sarah Sullivan said...

WHOOOT! I was looking to see if you might be doing another Practical Magic party. I am so thrilled..thank you!!!!!
I am back in school this Fall so I could only do one blog hop...and I was so wanting to do this one again..am happy dancin'!
I ahve been wandering through the fall decore for a month or more now..planning my next purchase...so excited for fall. We have had a really cool summer here too (N.Idaho) and the evenings already smell of Fall....whoooooot! I can hadly wait!!
Truly, Sarah

Anonymous said...

Oh I would feel like walking in a sweets shop. In The Netherlands we don't have that many wonderful Halloween decorations. I wish I could fly over to you to really browse through the Halloween displays.
Have a magical day.

goddessandmagick said...

Im so glad we are doing these!! And yes !!! I love home goods too,I need to stop going shopping !!!

CuddlyBunny said...

Thank you for sharing, and I'm looking forward to the Practical Magic blog party!

Theresa MacNaughton said...

Oh what fun!!!! I LOVE all the Halloween goodies out already. I smiled at them all when I saw them at the supermarket. :) I'd LOVE to participate in the Practical Magic Party. I tried to copy the lovely announcement so I could pop it on my blog, but it is not in jpg format. :( Hope you can send one to me!!! I don't know HOW I will top last year's, but I shall try. This Gypsy Party sounds cool - I shall check it out. :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Anna, wonderful pictures! I love, love, love Halloween. Can you tell I'm excited? Have a beautiful week, sweet friend.

Sara said...

I wish we had a michaels store here in the UK. I love halloween but its not celebrated quite so much here. Hugs Sara

Linda said...

My favorite holiday is almost upon us, since my daughter's a Halloween cutie I love it even more. There are so manu wonderful stores here in Michigan that have all their Halloween things on display. I don't know where to begin. There is so much more that I can buy...
Your photo's are wondrus. Thanks for sharing.
I will also check in to the other festivities too.

Laura S Reading said...

I saw the wonderful news that another party is in the works on Faerie Moon creations blog.
I will be there and hopping around.
I will also spread the happy party news on my several blogs and facebook.

To celebrate Nat'l Garage Sale Day I was rescuing black cats from church sale stuffed animal piles. They will join in the holiday celebrations for sure.

Celia said...

Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE those striped stockings witch feet!!! I am going to have to go try to find those! I can't wait for striped stockings weather!!!

Victoria said...

Yay Anna...fabulous post..magical!!Beautiful photos..you are such a magical soul!!
Looking forward to another party!!
Victoria

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by with the invitation to this year's party. I am dusting off my conical hat and tossing a toad into a fresh batch of cordials. Thanks! Rae