playing with pixels, sweet treats and a random picture post

What is it about a cold wintry day that makes you want to stay in your pajamas and fuzzy slippers, sip hot chocolate and make a mess in your studio all day long? Okay, I admit I don't need a cold day to do this but it's been that way for me the last few days. I can't seem to drag myself out of the house (except for the occasional trip to Michaels). I have not done any holiday shopping yet. Have you?


I have, however, managed to keep playing on my computer. Yes, it's another background and banner change! I thought it was time to do a Christmasy theme after leaving the frosty winter one up for a few weeks (it was actually making me cold, lol!).  I tried another yesterday but it still wasn't exactly what I wanted. In the end I decided to go more whimsical and use some of my art work for the banner. This one finally feels like me. I love frost and snow but I was starting to miss color. I think it's fun and festive enough for the holidays but can work through the other seasons.

 My arm is cooperating much more lately. I still have to rest it but was also told to keep moving it and doing exercises to keep my shoulder from getting 'frozen'. I actually tore my rotator cuff which led to all sorts of other problems and the tendonitis (long story) but I'm learning not to over do it. It's vewy, vewy hard.


Sweet treat number one: These just made me smile. Aren't they super adorable? They were made from Trader Joe's Candy Cane Joe-Joes. I found them posted at Cupcakes Take the Cake and there's a link there to the person that made them last year. Love the shoes!

Sweet treat number two:  I posted my collage project last time for Cindy's Creative Spirit Challenge and it turned out she wasn't doing it at all this month. I missed the announcement, silly me. But Cindy is such a sweetie and she decided to give me her monthly award, so for December I get to be Miss Creative Spirit. How very sweet indeed! Thank you Cindy.


I like to go through random pictures from my pre-blogging days to find inspiration for a post. This one is from the midnight book release for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in 2007. We went to one of our favorite small indie book stores for their party and I snapped this picture of a door to one of the offices. Yes that is THE Sorting Hat signed by Ms Rowling herself. She visited this store waaay back in 1998 when she was promoting Sorcerer's Stone. She was still unknown and about 20 people showed up! Can you imagine? Oh I would have loved to have been there but I didn't start reading the books until around 2000. I am still amazed by her story and the whole Harry Potter phenomenon. It's truly incredible.

We are having mild weather with some rain so I am going to try to pry my feet out of 
 my fuzzy slippers and put on my boots instead. There's a shopping list I need to start on before things get really crazy. Have a lovely, cozy, chocolatey, artful day!


 

11 comments:

Leanne said...

Oh, how I LOVE this background and header!!! SO YOU, Anna! I LOVE IT!!!!

Laura said...

I love the new background and blog header. You are so creative and talented! I'm glad to hear that your arm is feeling better.
blessings
~*~

Scrap Vamp said...

Love the new background! It's so magically you!

Marfi-topia said...

hello!
i love this background! it makes me want to run out get a canvas and paint with wild abandon!lol...it's gorgeous anna , verry verry inspirational!

Jill Marcott-McCall ~Feathers & Flight~ said...

Look at Your Beautiful Header and Blog!!!
Love it Anna!
Hugs
Jill

Unknown said...

I love the new background and header. Your girl is so cute and adorable!!

Wendy Aspinall said...

Anna I love the new header although I think I said that about the last one heck I like all of them but this does seem more you....... fun and bright with just a touch of magic... have a great weekend


hugs wendy

Anonymous said...

You are so very creative.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

The new look is lovely, Anna. You really create such a beautiful blog. :) Wish I were this handy to create such snappy backgrounds. Theresa

Ponderosa Pagan said...

I love the background!
How do you make them. I am on a quest for a new layout and I have no ideas really
any help or advice would be amazing!
Blessings

peggy aplSEEDS said...

what a lovely blog you have! and your new background is wonderful!