august artful bag challenge atc swap


It's time for another Artful Bag Challenge ATC swap. I have a list of swappers so far (see right side bar). There is still plenty of time to sign up so just email me by Aug 4 and I will add your name to the list. I will post the partners on the 5th.

Remember your ATC should have a bag theme. How you interpret it is completely up to you. Please make sure you allow enough time for your card to reach your partner by the 25th. You can share your ATCs on your blog and on our Artful Bag Challenge Flickr page on that day.

Please also remember that if you sign up to swap you must follow through and send an ATC to your partner. Someone is looking forward to your lovely piece of art. If something comes up please contact your partner and let them know.

OK now I want to share the wonderful ATC I received from my swap partner Ana for our first swap last April. Ana lives in Brazil and owns the blog Scrap da Ana.  She creates beautiful paper art among other things and I first saw her work last year during the Paper Dress challenge.


Ana created a stamped fabric ATC on a vintage air mail envelope. She made it into a little bag with colorful beaded stems tucked inside.


This is the back.


Ana also sent me sheets of vintage pages and ephemera, air mail envelopes and a sweet little bag made in her country. I love the bright cheery colors!


And all of it came in this wonderful box she decorated. It was stuffed with ribbons, laces, doilies and all sorts of  colorful trim. It was so amazing and incredibly thoughtful and generous of her.


I have been having so much fun using these goodies in my creations. Thank you so much Ana for sharing your art and gifts.

Now whether you share a few extras with your partner is completely up to you. There is no requirement to send anything more than your ATC. Many artists love to share supplies and gifts so that again is completely up to you. My swap partner was extraordinarily generous and I just wanted to share her beautiful gifts here. 

For more details about the Artful Bag Challenge please click on the button on the right sidebar. And thank you to everyone that played along for the July theme.


Hope you had a great weekend.





p.s. Happy Birthday today to Harry Potter and JK Rowling!!
Did I tell you we have seen the movie 3 times?!


2 comments:

Linda said...

Hi Anna, These are truly amazing gifts. It is always fun to get things as a surprise, and look what you can make. lucky,lucky...

Weather here is still hot but not complaining at all...bad storms last week knocking out power 3 times with 6 inches of rain within 16 hours...

Hope you have a great day...

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful swap partner you had! Everything is so lovely and I can't wait to see what everyone creates in this next round. Hugs to you, sweet Anna.