sweets


Happy Monday everyone! I hope you had a lovely weekend. Anyone have a big Superbowl party? We are not huge football fans at my house. Soccer and hockey seems to be the preferred sport by the hubby so we spent most of the day out and about and got home to see the half time show and the second part of the game.

We decided to hit Costco thinking it might be pretty empty with everyone home getting ready to watch the game. Wrong. Everyone was at Costco! Maybe it was the extra tasty samples they were giving out.

I did see something that caught my eye and I wish I took a picture of it to share with you but it was so crowded that I decided to skip it. Anyway they had the most adorable package of mini frosted cupcakes. Has anyone else seen these? I think they were chocolate with pink frosting and I guess they're featuring them for Valentines Day. Sooo cute. All I could think of was how I would love to get them for myself next month for my birthday!


So now I have mini cupcakes on the brain. This is just a pic I found on the web since I don't have one of the ones from Costco. I also discovered a new gourmet cupcake shop that opened here in our downtown. There was one a few blocks away from me but they closed over a year ago and maybe that's a good thing. This new one is a few miles away so I would at least have to drive there. It's called Vanilla Bean and they feature yummy flavors like Death by Chocolate, Raspberry Beret and Chai Tea Latte. I'm still being good about eating healthy and working out so I think I deserve a sweet treat once in a while right?

How about a cupcake quiz? What kind of cupcake are you? I like to take these now and then and the last time I took one I think I was a chocolate fudge cupcake. Here's one I just took from Betty Crocker and this time I'm a peanut butter and jelly cupcake!



So what kind of cupcake are you?
Do you have a favorite flavor?
What would be your ultimate cupcake?
Just a bit of frosting or more frosting than cake?

I love vanilla, chocolate, lemon and mocha so my ultimate one might be a mix of all those flavors that's sinfully delicious but absolutely 0 calories. And that would include the mile high frosting too!

I'm enjoying having my muse back after being gone for far too long. I'm going to work on learning to let my art go this year so I have "Wondermoon" and "Follow Your Bliss" listed in my Etsy shop right now.


Have a simply sweet and delicious day.




13 comments:

Linda Carole Bloom said...

I'm a "From the Heart" cupcake, wow these sure do look yummy! Maybe you need a fancy apron to wear when making your cupcakes? I'm giving one away at
http://houseofbeautifuldogs.blogspot.com/2012/02/fancy-apron-giveaway.html
to celebrate my publication in apronology magazine!
Love, Linda

Queenie Believe said...

So glad you muse is back and you are enjoying your art.
The quiz sayes I'm a Pina Colada Cupcake... Who knew :o)
Actually my favorite cup cake is red velvet with cream cheese icing from my favorite bakery Barb's Barkery in Phoenix, AZ. Luckily its a bit out of the way from my commute home so I stay out of too much trouble -lol-
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Diane said...

Very sweet post. Thanks for the quiz, I'm a Ice Cream Cone Cupcake(shaped like one, too!) Blessings, Diane

Linda said...

Hi Anna, What a fun post. I am a surprise cup cake. When I saw it, it made me smile. So full of color and surprises.
I am so happy that your muse is back...Mine is on vacation but, will be back soon. I'm not sure what to do next.

Toriz said...

Glad your muse is back. :)

Yes, you deserve a treat from time to time. Speaking of which; we have those mini cupcakes all year round. They come in chocolate with a little icing, plain with a little icing, and plain without icing. My only issue with them is that they run out very quickly, LOL!

I don't think I could pick a favourite cupcake; it wouldn't be fair on all those other tasty cupcakes to do so! ;)

GerryART said...

Funny you should ask . . .
we just came in the house from a visit to our local Pastry Shop here in Jeff.
Today I enjoyed one of their
Orange Cupcakes. YUM ! ! ! !

Wait at minute, don't assume that I'm stuck on Orange, 'cause as we were leaving the shop I lingered a while longing for their Raspberry Cupcake.

That just might be ME ! ! !

Oh, yes, lots of that DEE-Lish airy frosting piled HIGH ! ! !

hugs
Gerry

Celia said...

Chocolate cupcakes and Wondermoon!!! Yuuuuum!!

Fran. said...

Hi Anna just stopping by and I can't believe you said there are chai tea latte cupcakes!! Oh my goodness I would love one of those!! I love chai tea lattes!!! LOL Glad to see your back blogging!! XO Fran.

Phoebe said...

Hello, Anna!... We must be kindred spirits! There is a special place in my heart for cupcakes as well... how can one resist a mini cupcake? They are a great medium for artistic expression in the kitchen, so I can only imagine what you may come up with, but I want to see! Fun quiz... it appears I am a 'White on White' cupcake! Thank you for sharing!

Brianne said...

Hi, Anna. I'm a Truffle Lover’s Cupcake. But, I do love a Lemon cupcake! I like cocounut too. I'm glad you are enjoying your art; we all neet to find ourselves in something. Have a cupcake sweet weekend. Peace. Brianne

A Magical Whimsy said...

Well...the Helm's Bakery van used to come around during my childhood, very much like the ice cream man and his van today. And there were all kinds of cup cakes. But my favorite one was a vanilla cake one, with a posy cream center (kind of a cream with powdered sugar confection) and then regular white frosting, but it was the posy cream in the center that was so yummy about those cup cakes. The ones at Costco sound good too!
hugs,
Teresa in CA

GerryART said...

Teresa, I remember the Helms' man. He had some sort of a whistle that would blow as he arrived in the neighborhood to let us know he had arrived.
thanks for the memory
Gerry

A Magical Whimsy said...

I forgot about the whistle the Helm's man had, Gerry! I think he pulled a heavy string and it tooted like a train! How fun!
Teresa